diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta Pro EPS Charge/Discharge Question

filmgeek47

Interested in getting a Delta Pro for powering basics in home backup setup. 99% of the time the unit will be sitting idle, and I’d like to get something that will double as an EPS/UPS that I can plug my network stack into (router/modem etc). I’m concerned about how this will affect maintence for the battery long term. Does Ecoflow provide any app options to manually discharge/cycle the battery without physically unplugging/replugging the unit every time. Bluetti’s AC300 by comparison has clear documentation that shows a comprehensive set of options for managing this, but I can’t find similar info for the ecobee.

@filmgeek47 I have not seen any way to cycle the battery in the app. But you can set the charge and discharge limits, so you could set the limits to 20 - 80% or 10 - 90% to increase the battery life.

I will tell you what I did for by basic backup for my network, I began to look at the wall adapters for the network/computer items and realized most of them output 12volts. I created a 12 volt battery system that powers my internet/security network and LED lights within my house. It can be charged by a regular 120 volt charger or by my Delta Pro via the 30amp Anderson port. The Anderson port can also run this circuitry without the additional battery.

Last edited:
@filmgeek47 I've set mine up to do what you want.

My DPPro runs a workstation and monitor, recharges laptops, iPads, phones.

I don't like owning an expensive paperweight, and...it bugs me to wonder if the unit remains in operation condition just sitting there, so I thought I'd put this to work. During the day, my devices draw from the Delta Pro. It's not a heavy load but will take it down from 100% to 75-80% or so. After midnight, I have a 20 amp programmable switch it's plugged into and I've programmed the Pro to recharge at 500W. It's always restored to full charge by morning, when it switches back.

I know the SmartHomePanel would be a more ideal setup, but I simply don't have room for that equipment in my small home.

@filmgeek47 I've set mine up to do what you want.

My DPPro runs a workstation and monitor, recharges laptops, iPads, phones.

I don't like owning an expensive paperweight, and...it bugs me to wonder if the unit remains in operation condition just sitting there, so I thought I'd put this to work. During the day, my devices draw from the Delta Pro. It's not a heavy load but will take it down from 100% to 75-80% or so. After midnight, I have a 20 amp programmable switch it's plugged into and I've programmed the Pro to recharge at 500W. It's always restored to full charge by morning, when it switches back.

I know the SmartHomePanel would be a more ideal setup, but I simply don't have room for that equipment in my small home.
So your next step will be to install solar, then you can recharge during the day for free. Right now. It is costing you more money to run these devices through the Ecoflow than just running your workstation, monitor, etc by themselves, as converting electricity to charge the Delta pro has some loss, then converting it back has additional loss.

Back