diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta Pro Solar Array max voltage question...

infosvc

Ok, have 2 Delta Pro's in an out-building. It has power now and I am installing the Ecoflow Smart Panel to take over most of the loads. The building houses our Water Pumps and Filters for the property (we are on a well) as well as a 3/4 ton heat pump (mini-split).

I want to install 3 of the BlueSun 460W Half-Cell Bifacial Solar Panel from Signature Solar in series per Delta Pro. Max VOC is listed at 50.8v with an operating voltage at 42.4v. I know the max for Ecoflow Delta Pro is 150v. Am i safe to set this up as 3 panels in a string? (127.2v operating/152.4v MaxVOC)

Appreciate any insight.

Voc of 152.4V is too high, and it will get higher as the temperature goes down.

You are correct that you will not be hitting this max everyday, but the moment you do, your Delta Pro MPPT circuit will blow out.

isn't that only the max theoretical? or is that the max everyday?
You can hook up a DC Volt meter with Min/Max hold function to your array (no load connected) for a couple days and see how high the Voltage goes up to.
I myself will not take a chance to find out.
What does Ecoflow tack support say about it? Ask them if it has over Voltage protection on the PV input.

Last edited:
You can hook up a DC Volt meter with Min/Max hold function to your array (no load connected) for a couple days and see how high the Voltage goes up too.
I myself will not take a chance to find out.
What does Ecoflow tack support say about it? Ask them if it has over Voltage protection on the PV input.
I will reach out and ask... I was just going off the manual. Thank you!

I will reach out and ask... I was just going off the manual. Thank you!
Did they get back to you? I have a similar question. What should the optimal voltage be when sizing (125V?) to account for colder temps to be safe?

Your best bet is to get 4 Blue sun 460W panels put them in a 2x2 series parallel confirmation. You have to get parallel splinters inline 30 amp fuses and use 10 guage PV wire. Works great. I have 4 400W silfabs.

Your best bet is to get 4 Blue sun 460W panels put them in a 2x2 series parallel confirmation. You have to get parallel splinters inline 30 amp fuses and use 10 guage PV wire. Works great. I have 4 400W silfabs.
2 in parallel / 2 in series would potentially be 22 Amps, the EcoFlow has a 15 Amp max according to spec sheet. How does the EcoFlow react to >15 Amps at the source? It just ignores it?

100V @ 15A would yield 1500W continuous and fairly close to the 1600W max capability, so it would be a very good setup as long EcoFlow can handle the extra current available.

It is only allowed to pull 15A max from the panels it is not going to pull more than that from the panels by design, so to get max power you need to try to get close to 15A limit and increase the Vmp Voltage but not exceeding the max Voc PV input Voltage of Eco.

The question on my DIY build has often been that these ready built ones are getting so cheap, why DIY?

This is why. You can choose your own components, and I’d guess they could be higher quality than what they would use.

My 12v mobile system here, just went up $100 in total to $850, because I added a Victron 75/15 to it to replace the $18 ebay, but entirely working, charge controller. It’ll run everything up through a table saw, and is as upgradable as you want it to be.

I guess it’s where you want to spend your time, on the front end, or the back end. Unfortunately, on the back end, you don’t get to choose when you spend the time. These home built systems, especially the 24v one have been running for over a year, non stop, with the 24v running my home office of around 400 watts every day for the last 3-4 months. It sits in my outdoor tool shed, in months of 100 degree heat Texas heat, with just two 120mm temperature triggered fans providing airflow for the roarbatt inverter and epever charge controller.

I’d be surprised if an ecoflow, or other similar system could do that. For your, industrial looking use, I’m not even sure you are Ecoflow’s target demographic. From the problems I’ve seen people having with them, at best, they seem to be mainly for glampers and overlanders.

Last edited:
I know this thread is a bit older, but it's lacking come technical closure that I now have.

The MPPT in the Delta Pro will NOT "Blow out" with overvolt or over amp of a reasonable amount as tested below.

I tested my own Ecoflow Delta Pro at 140v, 154v, and 186v. Literally anything over 150v and the Delta Pro will go into overvolt protection and will entirely shut off the port. It DOES have overvolt protection and will turn off the port until you rectify the situation. I cannot say how much overvolt it can deal with, but nearly 200v it will handle and reset without issue.

It has overcurrent protection for the 15a limit as well. It will protect itself against 26a load and reset once the amperage is below the 15a maximum.

I've installed 4x450w Renogy panels and they work perfectly for the last few days in full sun.

Maximum Power: 450 W
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 41.25V
Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 34.67 V
Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 12.98 A
Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 13.89 A
Maximum Series Fuse Rating: 25 A

I'll post more once I know if the Delta Pro somehow limits voltage or amperage to only accept 1600w as these panels are below the volts/amps limits and are certainly capable of more than the 1600W on a good sunny day

Thanks for that. I was assuming such but had not tested/experienced it myself.
I didn't particularly want to risk my investment, but figured there was no other way to find out for all of us since Ecoflow is a bit cryptic about it on their help and info page and same with their technical support folks.

These panels?

2 in parallel / 2 in series would potentially be 22 Amps, the EcoFlow has a 15 Amp max according to spec sheet. How does the EcoFlow react to >15 Amps at the source? It just ignores it?

100V @ 15A would yield 1500W continuous and fairly close to the 1600W max capability, so it would be a very good setup as long EcoFlow can handle the extra current available.

Back