diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro / Transfer switch/ AC Charging

I’m using (2) Delta pro’s and a transfer switch , and one add on Delta pro battery . I put 4x 260 watt on my Delta # 1 , and 3x 315 watt on Delta # 2 . This was only a few hundred more than (2) add on batteries , and allowed more solar input . On a sunny day ( I’m in SoCal) I was able to charge the # 1 Delta Pro , but leaving it in my 6 circuit transfer switch ( which I turn on at 5pm for tier grid shifting and $ saving ) would get dicey by early AM with battery % left and solar not in line yet ….
The second Delta pro and additional Solar inverter it brought allows me to charge # 2 , and then AC charge # 1 in PM and easily make AM leaving transfer on . This reps 65-70% of my energy needs most days …. And virtually no high tier charge from Edison .
This worked well for me vs 1 Delta Pro and (2) batteries .. And I have redundancy now I wouldn’t have with 1 pro and 2 batteries.
Honestly , I wish I started with 2 Pros ….
Also , I bought used surplus panels ( 4 Renogy 260 watt at 75.00 panel , work great ! And 3 x 315 Phono Solar for Pro 2 ). This gave me 2kw Solar AND batteries AND emergency solution at a reasonable price point . I’d never buy “ new “ panels … there’s plenty of surplus tier ones ( at least around here ) at a great price point !

Hey I am also in the same boat I think. What I am trying to do is power the transfer switch while my crital load is in Gen mode but then also charge the delta pro from an outlet connected to the main panel. The idea is that I can put a smart outlet between the delta pro and the AC input to that I can change the battery when the cost of power is cheap but when its hight I can continue to run off battery. Would this work? I would be keep the critical load in Gen mode so that it would pull power from the delta pro. Just not sure I can have it delta pro charging on at the same time from the main panel. The transfer switch shared a ground and neutral with the main panel. Any thoughts on this would be great.
I'm curious how this is working for you. I have been using a Kasa smart switch to switch AC charging on when needed, but I noticed that the ground is still connected to the mains ground even when the Kasa switch is off. That means I'm bonded to the mains neutral even when I'm not charging. My Reliance MTS does not switch neutral. So when I'm using my DP to power a refrigerator, my neutrals are connected between the AC-in and the inverter AC-out. I recently got a dreaded code 121 on my DP, and I'm wondering if this could be a potential cause. I hope that made some sense.

Yeah that should work. I've got a similar setup...mostly charging the Delta Pro from PV panels but have a wifi smartlife plug connecting the Delta Pro to the grid. The Delta Pro is connected via a 6-circuit transfer switch which.

Yes the commons and grounds are all in common it's only the hot/hots that are switched by the transfer switch

Back