diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Pro - what they don't tell you and why I hope Bluetti can deliver

Hello! I am new to the EcoFlow Delta Pro but not Solar. We have a 600w solar system on our motorhome that does great. I just got the Delta Pro to supplement us for evenings and at night when I don’t want the noisy generator running.

I can charge it up with AC plug fine, but I am trying to supplement with an additional 100w Renogy panel. When I plug in the solar the Renogy panel does not register that a battery is connected (error b01). I know the panel works fine because if I unplug it from the Delta and use alligator clips to a battery it works fine. I can’t confirm that the solar part of the cord that came with the unit works so I guess it could have a faulty EcoFlow solar cord…but I find that unlikely. Anyone have any tips? I have seen mixed info about whether it can charge with AC and solar at the same time, so maybe that’s it??? However I still think something isnt right seeing that the renogy panel doesn’t think it’s attached to a battery.

Hello! I am new to the EcoFlow Delta Pro but not Solar. We have a 600w solar system on our motorhome that does great. I just got the Delta Pro to supplement us for evenings and at night when I don’t want the noisy generator running.

I can charge it up with AC plug fine, but I am trying to supplement with an additional 100w Renogy panel. When I plug in the solar the Renogy panel does not register that a battery is connected (error b01). I know the panel works fine because if I unplug it from the Delta and use alligator clips to a battery it works fine. I can’t confirm that the solar part of the cord that came with the unit works so I guess it could have a faulty EcoFlow solar cord…but I find that unlikely. Anyone have any tips? I have seen mixed info about whether it can charge with AC and solar at the same time, so maybe that’s it??? However I still think something isnt right seeing that the renogy panel doesn’t think it’s attached to a battery.
What are the specs of the solar panel? Did you measure its output to see what voltage you are seeing? Also, if it's a suitcase Renogy panel, it comes with its own PWM charge controller. You need to bypass that when connecting to the DP, which has its own solar charge controller.

I can charge it up with AC plug fine, but I am trying to supplement with an additional 100w Renogy panel. When I plug in the solar the Renogy panel does not register that a battery is connected (error b01). I know the panel works fine because if I unplug it from the Delta and use alligator clips to a battery it works fine. I can’t confirm that the solar part of the cord that came with the unit works so I guess it could have a faulty EcoFlow solar cord…but I find that unlikely. Anyone have any tips? I have seen mixed info about whether it can charge with AC and solar at the same time, so maybe that’s it??? However I still think something isnt right seeing that the renogy doesn’t think it’s attached to a battery.
What are the specs of the solar panel? Did you measure its output to see what voltage you are seeing? Also, if it's a suitcase Renogy panel, it comes with its own PWM charge controller. You need to bypass that when connecting to the DP, which has its own solar charge controller.
I didn’t measure it but it said 12.7 when it was on the battery with alligator clips.

It is the suitcase renogy 100w…how do I bypass it’s controller? See pic of it from Amazon…

Attachments

• 04D219C9-8A91-4DCA-B3D5-020AE2A7E076.jpeg
    04D219C9-8A91-4DCA-B3D5-020AE2A7E076.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 2
Never mind…I think I found a post showing how! Thank you so much!!!! Really appreciate it!

Dank Farrik,
It would seem that the UPS functionality using the Smart Home Panel would not be limited to 1,800 watts, because if I remember reading correctly, the Smart Home Panel can be powered by up to a 30 amp breaker from the main panel and it feeds that power into the Delta Pro thru its own connection to the Delta Pro and not thru the back AC port. Is that right?
Or maybe pictured another way, there is no actual pass-thru by the Delta Pro when used with the Smart Home Panel. When grid is on, critical loads are fed by the main breaker via the Smart Home Panel directly and its connection to the Delta Pro is only for charging. When grid goes off, it transfer-switches the critical loads to the Delta Pro output.
Delta Pro won't charge until grid comes back on OR you have solar panels or other DC connected to it. It concerns me that an EcoFlow rep answered one of the previous questions saying that leaving the solar plugged in on a cloudy day [and thus even at night] could hurt the Delta Pro. I'd assume there is a built in charge controller that would prevent back flow.

Last edited:
It concerns me that an EcoFlow rep answered one of the previous questions saying that leaving the solar plugged in on a cloudy day [and thus even at night] could hurt the Delta Pro. I'd assume there is a built in charge controller that would prevent back flow.
I have seen the various posting where EcoFlow support has made such comments, however I believe this is mostly directed to those with smaller solar panel systems connected to the Delta Pro. In one of comments the rep indicated the Delta Pro uses 30 watts of power to have its MPPT active and we know the screen doesn't show any input until solar reaches 40 watts of power.

I notice on a solid cloudy day I receive about 5-10% of my 1000 watts which still charges my unit barely. However if I had a 200 watt panel setup, I would only be receiving 10 to 20 watts while the unit would be consuming more to have the MPPT on. I could actually drain my battery down and possibly beyond a useable level if no precautions was taken by the unit.

Back