diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Delta Problems Solar Problems

I just bought a River 2 Pro to go with my River 2 Max. The Max was full so I plugged the Pro into the solar panels instead and it did that crazy up and down thing from 10w up to 93w and all over the place! I confess it is a bit of overpaneling as it is 400w of panels but the light is terrible, low angle lots of shade, so it shouldn't be challenged and the Max took it in its stride straight away and charges well with any jumps of only a few watts. I have now upgraded the firmware on the Pro - this required 2 phones as it wouldn't use the hotspot of the device the app is on for some reason. Luckily I had an old one without a sim card but using the connected one as a hotspot for both the old phone and the River 2 Pro I installed the app on the old phone and got it to update. But the light has dropped too far to test it today as it is raining and late afternoon and the sun is behind the trees. Hopefully it will work tomorrow...

I have the same problem and I actually received an interesting answer from my dealer. They said that the problem also arises with bi-facial panels. My panel is not bifacial but it does have 'half cells', which i'm guessing is not too different electrically. There seems to be a firmware update that fixed it for the customer with the bifacial panel.

I've just sent in my ecoflow to get the firmware flashed (cant't do it yourself apparently). I don't have it back yet but hope it will fix it. Fingers crossed.
I am also new, day 4 on an Eco Max. When the ECO came and got it set up I had to do a firmware update several times. Between one of these updates it stopped all input and scared the ____ out of me. OP, I would get more panels. HQST are great panels form my research. Good lcuk!

Hal, I pulled that website to see that 200w panel kit was $449. Might I suggest returning it and buying 5 100w HQST panels from amazon. You don't need a charge controller with any Eco from my understanding. Peace

I have the erratic charging problem with one of my two Ecoflow Delta Pros.
Both DP's are at the latest rev. update 1.0.1.67
With the xt60i cable one DP#1 charges with 15~16 amps, Very good!
The other DP#2 charges with 0~800watts very erratic every few seconds.
I switched connections with both and the DP#1 and DP#2 with the same results, DP#2 erratic.
SO, it's not the cable.
Next I replaced the xt60i cable with an xt60 cable and the problem went away, However I can only charge with 8A.
My solution is to leave the DP#1 with the xt60i cable and charge it with 15~16A,
and use the xt60 cable with DP#2 and charge it with 8A.
Not the best choice but I rarely use more than 8A at any length of time, so my DP's keep charged with the panels.

2 x Delta Pro
2 sets of solar panels at 115v and 1500watts
2 x charge controllers
2 x 51.2v rack batteries, (soon to be 4)

Attachments

• 01-10-24.jpg
    01-10-24.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1
Back