diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Delta = Westinghouse IGEN 1000s?

Daybyday

The Westinghouse IGen 1000s is very like the Ecoflow Delta, although they claim slightly longer charging time, and a little less kWh capacity, less running and surge output for the Westinghouse. The differences are small enough that I wonder if the hardware actually is any different. The Westinghouse lists for $999, and is sold by Home Depot among other places. Given the price and 90 day returns (at Home Depot), I think the Westinghouse IGen 1000s is a reasonable alternative to the Ecoflow Delta. Here's a non-affiliate link.

It looks like a lot of shared components for sure. Just a guess, but I bet Ecoflow worked with suppliers to build the major structural components, but Ecoflow wasn’t established enough yet to secure exclusive deals with suppliers (it was their first product and it’s hard to secure exclusive component deals for a kickstarter of your first product). So the suppliers did the smart thing and sold the components to other customers. I’d like to see a tear down of the Westinghouse to see how similar they are. And it’s likely a relatively obscure Chinese manufacturer licensing the Westinghouse brand.
I doubt Ecoflow has a deal with Westinghouse - the UI is different, the specs are slightly different. Could be different software, different batteries, but the same inverter/charger/output components.

It’s not even the most egregious example. The Generark Homepower One is virtually an identical clone of the Jackery 1000 except it’s blue. Now that Ecoflow is more established I doubt there will be something like a Westinghouse IGen Pro based on Ecoflow components.

Just all speculation but it makes sense to me….

Last edited:
The Westinghouse IGen 1000s is very like the Ecoflow Delta, although they claim slightly longer charging time, and a little less kWh capacity, less running and surge output for the Westinghouse. The differences are small enough that I wonder if the hardware actually is any different. The Westinghouse lists for $999, and is sold by Home Depot among other places. Given the price and 90 day returns (at Home Depot), I think the Westinghouse IGen 1000s is a reasonable alternative to the Ecoflow Delta. Here's a non-affiliate link. Edit: max 500 watts AC for full charge in three hours. That’s considerably more than the EcoFlow which if I recall correctly will charge in 90 minutes at 1200 watts. The Westinghouse house battery is about 1 kWh vs 1.2+kWh for the EcoFlow. I wonder if th Westinghouse is more efficient than the horribly inefficient EcoFlow. If so maybe the smaller battery doesn’t matter so much.

Take it from someone who just made the mistake of buying two iGen 1000s power stations: Avoid Westinghouse like the plague. One only produced 798 watt hours vs. the 1008 they advertise, and the other one had a serious issue right out of the box. Their 'support department' is a total joke.

Take it from someone who just made the mistake of buying two iGen 1000s power stations: Avoid Westinghouse like the plague. One only produced 798 watt hours vs. the 1008 they advertise, and the other one had a serious issue right out of the box. Their 'support department' is a total joke.
Sucks that you got lousy support. Thanks for letting us know. As for the watt hours, actually that’s in the ballpark for a battery of the rated size, after inverter inefficiency. Jackery inverter for 1000 w version seems more efficient.

Back