diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow panel configuration options for Delta

gfmucci

I'm also considering the EcoFlow Delta unit for emergency use in the home. It has a couple of panel hookup options as described below taken from the Amazon site:

1. Serial connection (recommended) ‒ Users can connect 1-3 pieces of solar panels (up to a maximum of 3 panels) in series as shown in the figure. Connect the panels to the MC4 port and connect them to our MC4 to XT60 conversion cable. Connect the XT60 cable to the EF DELTA’s XT60 input to charge the device.

2. Serial and parallel connection (professional solution) –Users can connect up to 2 sets of solar panels in parallel to the MC4 port as shown in the figure.

If you want to connect 6 pieces of solar panels, you can split -them into 2 sets of 3 solar panels connected in series and connect the 2 sets of solar panels in parallel. Connect them our MC4 to XT60 conversion cable.the Connect XT60 cable to the EFDELTA’s XT60 input to charge the device. The parallel connection cable is an optional accessory that is purchased separately.

Question: What is the advantage of option 2. the "serial and parallel" connection over the 3-panel serial connection?

I got an uninformed "wrong" answer on the Amazon site (the person said 3 panels provides too much voltage when the website clearly indicates a 3-panel option.) And I asked this question on the EcoFlow site via email tonight, but not holding my breath for a quick answer.

Between Bluetti, Jackery, and EcoFlow panels, the EcoFlow is the only one with a waterproof rating (IP67). With Florida sunshowers and T-storms, that could be a big help.

I'm also considering the EcoFlow Delta unit for emergency use in the home. It has a couple of panel hookup options as described below taken from the Amazon site:

Question: What is the advantage of option 2. the "serial and parallel" connection over the 3-panel serial connection?

I got an uninformed "wrong" answer on the Amazon site (the person said 3 panels provides too much voltage when the website clearly indicates a 3-panel option.) And I asked this question on the EcoFlow site via email tonight, but not holding my breath for a quick answer.

Between Bluetti, Jackery, and EcoFlow panels, the EcoFlow is the only one with a waterproof rating (IP67). With Florida sunshowers and T-storms, that could be a big help.
Option 2 would increase voltage (parallel part) and amperage (/series) depend the wattage rating of panels. 2(100w) vs 4(50w)

Back