diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Portable Power Station Integration for Home Assistant

hamm55

Long story short.....
So I was in search of a way to integrate my new Delta Pro with my home automation system (Home Assistant) and found this integration on github which supports whats shown below. Requires HACS to be installed on Home Assistant and the app github repo to be added as instructed on the github page.

A big thanks to who wrote this if he is a member of the forum or otherwise! As always, software is a perpetual 'work-in-progess' and not perfect yet but its a great start!

I installed it and it looks like it connects directly to the local Ecoflow ip address and local api on your local network and not to EcoFlows web server. Info is text based but should be easy enough to add some dials, gauges, graphs, etc..... Fantastic!

https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow

Tested products​

• RIVER Mini (Not impl)
  • RIVER Max
  • RIVER Pro
    • Extra Battery
  • DELTA Mini
  • DELTA Max (#12)
    • Extra Battery
  • DELTA Pro
    • Extra Battery

.............From the github page..............

Installation​

This integration is not included by default and must be installed by yourself to use it.

Two methods are available, and you can choose one or the other.
  • Install as a custom repository via HACS
  • Manually download and extract to the custom_components directory
Once installed, after restarting Home Assistant, you can start integration as usual from Add Integration.

This integration uses a local API. Therefore, if the devices are not on the same network, they cannot synchronize their status.

Thank you !!
Welcome. I'm just the messenger. All love goes to the author/creator which he/she looks to be located in Japan based on some github profile info. I am still exploring all of the sensor data available being pulled into HA. Next steps are to add some custom dashboards with all of the sensor data and maybe tweak the views/output. My next goal afterwards is to add some additional smart control for the DP on the charge input and load output sides using zwave based smart switches.

Does it provide any active control options for the EcoFlow or just reporting the data it provides?

Not that I have an EcoFlow, just curious.

I use HA as well, and soon the Solar Assistant HA integration will begin to add inverter control from within Home Assistant, things like changing the charging mode of operation and so on. It opens up all sort of charging and load management options.

Does it provide any active control options for the EcoFlow or just reporting the data it provides?

Not that I have an EcoFlow, just curious.

I use HA as well, and soon the Solar Assistant HA integration will begin to add inverter control from within Home Assistant, things like changing the charging mode of operation and so on. It opens up all sort of charging and load management options.
Looks like it provides all of the controls from the phone main app screen (AC/DC On/Off) as well as all of the controls on the config screen. Tested while watching the phone app and also DP visual verification.

So does the DP api allow for charge mode prioritization and load management or you talking about HA handling this? I am looking at adding a smart 15a/20a zwave ac switch for ac charge control due to the DP inverter running in pass-through mode while plugged in to AC.

So does the DP api allow for charge mode prioritization and load management or you talking about HA handling this?
Not sure what you mean. I don't have an EcoFlow so that might explain it.

But yes ultimately it might be I choose to change charging mode and charge rate based on when my grid tied solar PV system has ample extra capacity. e.g. switch over to grid pass through mode and charge from the "grid", which is really just using my grid-tied solar.

My off-grid solar PV array is much smaller and it may not at times have enough capacity, so I can supplement it with the grid tied solar this way.

These are logical decisions / automations which would require Home Assistant as that's using data from multiple external sources which Solar Assistant (which controls my AIO inverter) does not have visibility of.

Then there is the load management side as well, e.g. during outages decide to not run the pool pump, or to shorten its duty cycle to save backup energy stores for essential loads.

HA opens up lots of possibilities and it's pretty cool you now have those options with an EcoFlow unit!

Not sure what you mean. I don't have an EcoFlow so that might explain it.

But yes ultimately it might be I choose to change charging mode and charge rate based on when my grid tied solar PV system has ample extra capacity. e.g. switch over to grid pass through mode and charge from the "grid", which is really just using my grid-tied solar.

My off-grid solar PV array is much smaller and it may not at times have enough capacity, so I can supplement it with the grid tied solar this way.

These are logical decisions / automations which would require Home Assistant as that's using data from multiple external sources which Solar Assistant (which controls my AIO inverter) does not have visibility of.

Then there is the load management side as well, e.g. during outages decide to not run the pool pump, or to shorten its duty cycle to save backup energy stores for essential loads.

HA opens up lots of possibilities and it's pretty cool you now have those options with an EcoFlow unit!
My bad. I misread your initial post and thought you did have an EcoFlow. Yes, HA is great! I have been involved in home automation stuff way back before zwave/zigbee. Have worked with other automation software in the past also including HA and also currently have SmartThings.

Now that HA has matured quite a bit from when I tested it a few years ago I will eventually will do away with SmartThings because of the cloud dependency for management of devices and the lack of Python development/scripting.

So I was in search of a way to integrate my new Delta Pro with my home automation system (Home Assistant) and found this integration on github which supports whats shown below. Requires HACS to be installed on Home Assistant and the app github repo to be added as instructed on the github page.

A big thanks to who wrote this if he is a member of the forum or otherwise! As always, software is a perpetual 'work-in-progess' and not perfect yet but its a great start!

I installed it and it looks like it connects directly to the local Ecoflow ip address and local api on your local network and not to EcoFlows web server. Info is text based but should be easy enough to add some dials, gauges, graphs, etc..... Fantastic!

https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow

Tested products​

• RIVER Mini (Not impl)
  • RIVER Max
  • RIVER Pro
    • Extra Battery
  • DELTA Mini
  • DELTA Max (#12)
    • Extra Battery
  • DELTA Pro
    • Extra Battery

.............From the github page..............

Installation​

This integration is not included by default and must be installed by yourself to use it.

Two methods are available, and you can choose one or the other.
  • Install as a custom repository via HACS
  • Manually download and extract to the custom_components directory
Once installed, after restarting Home Assistant, you can start integration as usual from Add Integration.

This integration uses a local API. Therefore, if the devices are not on the same network, they cannot synchronize their status.
Thanks for posting this link https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow , got hassio-ecoflow working on my Raspberry-Pi after a bit of a fiddle... :)

I'm using it on my River-Max I purchased a week ago here in ZA...

I see there's four temperature sensors in it, I'm monitoring them as I'm having thermal issues and Auto fan control... I've set two Automations fan on/off to help with internal temperature... I'm thinking the main battery is taking thermal stress because of AC input temperature...

Ps If you do a firmware update look closer at hassio-ecoflow integration issue https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow/issues/57... It seems Eco-Flow has closed off Port 8055 of the on the local API... Cloud connection only... :(

So, I just purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 and set up Home Assistant on it to monitor my Ecoflow Delta Pro and handle my Z-wave devices. Thank you hamm55 for pointing this out. Fortunately. I noticed the issue of the update before I did it.

So, I just purchased a Raspberry Pi 4 and set up Home Assistant on it to monitor my Ecoflow Delta Pro and handle my Z-wave devices. Thank you hamm55 for pointing this out. Fortunately. I noticed the issue of the update before I did it.
Yeah. Ecoflow for some reason decided to shutdown local access to port 8055 and ruined a great HA integration. There maybe hope though that they are going to to do something in an upcoming release to address this issue.

See this link. https://github.com/vwt12eh8/hassio-ecoflow/issues/60#issuecomment-1287052141

Unfortunately, my Ecoflow died (pretty certain it was caused by a faulty ATS). Amazing Ecoflow support had a new one to me, with free shipping both ways, in five days. The new one came with V1.0.0.96 and V3.0.1.11(Wi-Fi) firmware. I have upgrade it to the newer V1.0.1.18 but with the Wifi firmware remaining the same, I am not able to use this Home Assistant integration anymore. I looked at the link above, but I have not seen an easy fix for the integration. I will be playing with the bluetooth and MQTT options, but they are not as easy. Let me know if you have discovered anything.

A further update: Ecoflow offered to downgrade the firmware on the unit at their shipping expense. I have sent the unit to them and waiting for its return.

Update: My Delta Pro was returned. Ecoflow had downgraded the main firmware, but did not downgrade the Wifi firmware, so my my time without the unit was in vain. However there is some good news on Ecoflow's response: "We have asked our engineering team again, and the feedback we got is that we are trying to restore the 8055 port. A new Wi-Fi firmware is expected to be released by the end of this month. (January 2023) After the Wi-Fi is updated to the new firmware, the 8055 port can use again. I will get back to you when our internal testing is completed. I am really sorry for that."

So hopefully we will be able to use this integration again.

I had given up on EcoFlow re-opening the local tcp port. I did find a cloud-mqtt hack that works with my Delta Pro. It connects the to remote cloud based EcoFlow mqtt server in a similar way that the phone app does. If they dont reopen the local port then this works as an alternate integration.

Last edited:
Ecoflow has opened up the local tcp port with Wifi firmware V3.0.2.21. I have re-integrated my Ecoflow Delta Pro back into my Home Assistant.

I was a bit busy and/or lazy about trying the other method.

Ecoflow has opened up the local tcp port with Wifi firmware V3.0.2.21. I have re-integrated my Ecoflow Delta Pro back into my Home Assistant.

I was a bit busy and/or lazy about trying the other method.
How did you convince ecoflow to provide the update to you? I ran into that problem on Saturday (I will never ever do a firmware upgrade again :D) and I broke all my automations ...

Hello Seban,
If you don't see the update, I would guess the Wifi firmware has been released in the United States or possibly Ecoflow does have to add your serial number to a list to update as my customer service person did write me saying she was currently applying to push the corresponding Wi-Fi firmware for my DELTA Pro SN######.

So possibly try writing Ecoflow and ask for the Wifi firmware V3.0.2.21. Mine has worked fine since this update.

Back