diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow R600 1200w on 600w??

Larry619

Their marketing has me confused but intrigued. Every review and test I’ve seen shows you cannot exceed the designed load of an inverter, sometimes you can’t even approach the max rated continuous load. If you have a PS inverter rated for 1500w continuous...good luck running and sustaining that load for an extended time.

This new EcoFlow R600 marketing says otherwise. Help me understand what’s going on here. If they are “de-rating” the load by under driving it, aren’t you only getting what you put out? Getting a 1200w load to run at 600w is ....600w, right? Won’t you also potentially damage the device by under driving it?

Otherwise, if this inverter technology exists... where can I buy a stand-alone inverter like it. ??

see: https://r600.ecoflow.com/

Well... quality inverters rated at 1500 watts should happily handle a 1500W load all day long, if installed properly and supplied with enough battery through properly sized cables...
And many can handle 3000W for a split second... really good inverters can handle 4500W for about 30seconds... they are called Low Frequency inverters, and they have large inductors to provide the surge current.

so, while the VAST majority of cheap inverters don’t provide ANYWHERE CLOSE to the ratedcapacity for any appreciable time...
good ones do.
Shop wisely.

I just realized that this was the wrong forum to post this question.

But THANK YOU for mentioning low frequency inverters. I had not considered the difference and after some online shopping realized they are WAY bigger and expensive than high frequency inverters.

I was aiming for a Reliable or Giandel 3kW inverter but when I saw the Low Frequency equivalent from AIMS I nearly fainted. ?

Turns out the r600 will drop the voltage to keep the amps steady. Seems like a pretty bad idea for any electronics you care about, but apparently it's good for resistive loads (for heating typically).

Back