diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow R600

Lewi

I see that EcoFlow will be coming out with a new microsystem. It is modular and also supports adding/connecting external batteries to it.

Seems like this is a mini "Titan" looking product.

Hello Lewi,

I just joined the Kickstarter program today for the R600 Pro. The R600 Pro has a LifePO4 battery rated at > 3500 lifecycles to 80%.

Hello Lewi,

I just joined the Kickstarter program today for the R600 Pro. The R600 Pro has a LifePO4 battery rated at > 3500 lifecycles to 80%.

Yes. I am getting the R600 Pro also along with the EF-1500 add on battery. For the EF-1500 add on battery.... The capacity of that is 1536wh for $500. LifePO4 batteries! This is a better price than Lion Energy Safari UT 1300 and has a bigger capacity. They are probably the same chinese cells anyways.

That's great! I'll add on either the EF-1500 or the Pro Kit later. I didn't go for the Delta 1300 when it was released because of the Li-on battery that had 500 cycles to 60%. The R600 Pro solves that problem.

Will posted his review of the R600 Max for those that haven't seen it. Pretty bad. Hoping you already got the Pro and post a very different review soon!

I watched that review and in the comments Will said EcoFlo contacted him and said they would update the software. This should fix the problems.

As much as I like Will and I have been following his videos for over a year, I would have not posted that video and attempted to rectify the problems with EcoFlo first. This has created confusion and I suspect some have canceled their pledge. I do not believe a company like EcoFlo would damage their reputation by selling an inferior product.

Personally I am considering the R600 Pro. I haven't decided whether to invest in it or build my own. My DIY was going to be along the lines of the EcoFlo, but the R600 Pro looks promising and almost just as cost effective with a DIY external battery.

As much as I like Will and I have been following his videos for over a year, I would have not posted that video and attempted to rectify the problems with EcoFlo first.

Couldn’t disagree more. EcoFlo sent this unit to Will for testing, knowing he would post it on YouTube.

The fact that it didn’t come close to meeting the specs they rated it at tells me more about EcoFlow than Will.

Couldn’t disagree more. EcoFlo sent this unit to Will for testing, knowing he would post it on YouTube.

The fact that it didn’t come close to meeting the specs they rated it at tells me more about EcoFlow than Will.

Do you think EcoFlow would have sent those to Will if they knew they were defective? IMO...they were defective. There's many things that could have happened on the part of EcoFlo that resulted in Will receiving defective units. Surely it wasn't intentional.

There are two sides to every coin. In this case I am giving EcoFlo the benefit of the doubt. The units are still in R&D and EcoFlo had admitted that before Will posted his video. If they were in mass production and being sold online and in stores then I would be singing a different tune.

I do admire EcoFlo's innovation especially with the R600 and R600 Pro. Hopefully the software fix they are promising this week will resolve the issues. If for some reason it doesn't, then they have a hardware problem to resolve. Either way I am confident they well come through. They know they can't sell a product like the ones Will received.

Last edited:
Wills performance tests are straight forward and brutally honest.
hoorah?
EcoFlo Should base improvements and performance adjustments to results pertaining to revealed problems.
Will has not to my experience shown anything but fair evaluations on everything tested.
Why don’t they simply subject their products to the similar testing before releasing into the public? Interesting........?
Developers should appreciate this honest and unbiased free testing. ✌️

Last edited:
I agree it wasn’t intentional but if that is their quality control on a unit for review what chance does a regular customer have?

Look, I have no horse in this race, just throwing out my free opinion and it’s worth twice that ?

@MrNatural22 All good points and all of the videos Will has posted have been great...except the one I am a little disappointed with. I simply do not understand why Will posted the video without contacting EcoFlo before doing so. Didn't he know the units are still in R&D? Why didn't he mention that in his video? He ended the video by saying something like "I do not recommend these". That was a bit premature IMO.

@JoeHam Fair enough. I have no horse in this race either. Just throwing out free my opinion which may not be worth anything...lol.

Damn! Ecoflow sent Will 2 units that they obviously had never tested. So lame that a company would risk their reputation but even worse that they are so incompetent to produce such defective junk.
Will was not their QC. The company is selling these online right now.

@MBR I meant online other than the kickstarter. That doesn't mean anything to me because the product is still in R@D and hasn't been mass produced. Isn't that how most kickstarters work? Where else is it being sold online?

Yeah it was dumb, stupid, ignorant or whatever on EcoFlos part. That much we can agree on. If they can't fix it with a software update then I will be calling the R600 junk as well.

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on both units right now. Hopefully it fixes all the problems I encountered. Will have a video on it soon. I will let you guys decide what you think about the unit after I do some basic tests.

Do you think EcoFlow would have sent those to Will if they knew they were defective? IMO...they were defective. There's many things that could have happened on the part of EcoFlo that resulted in Will receiving defective units. Surely it wasn't intentional.

There are two sides to every coin. In this case I am giving EcoFlo the benefit of the doubt. The units are still in R&D and EcoFlo had admitted that before Will posted his video. If they were in mass production and being sold online and in stores then I would be singing a different tune.

I do admire EcoFlo's innovation especially with the R600 and R600 Pro. Hopefully the software fix they are promising this week will resolve the issues. If for some reason it doesn't, then they have a hardware problem to resolve. Either way I am confident they well come through. They know they can't sell a product like the ones Will received.

You're missing the fact that you need to take Will out of the equation. The way EcoFlo sent these are exactly how they would have sent it to you or I or anyone on here. Maybe you should just be a little more appreciative of what he's doing by preventing his followers from purchasing something that would not have performed as advertised. He just did a service for us and EcoFlo. He had nothing at all to personally gain from providing a review like he did. As you see EcoFlo is not upset because they know he'll be honest in his review and as always, if you follow him as you say, he ALWAY comes back with an update.

@MrNatural22 All good points and all of the videos Will has posted have been great...except the one I am a little disappointed with. I simply do not understand why Will posted the video without contacting EcoFlo before doing so. Didn't he know the units are still in R&D? Why didn't he mention that in his video? He ended the video by saying something like "I do not recommend these". That was a bit premature IMO.

@JoeHam Fair enough. I have no horse in this race either. Just throwing out free my opinion which may not be worth anything...lol.

Umm he said in the video that he was going to be contacting EcoFlo, who just so happened to have sent the units for him to review.

Umm he said in the video that he was going to be contacting EcoFlo, who just so happened to have sent the units for him to review.

I saw in the video Will was hoping EcoFlo would contact him....apparently they did.

I am trying to upgrade the firmware on both units right now. Hopefully it fixes all the problems I encountered. Will have a video on it soon. I will let you guys decide what you think about the unit after I do some basic tests.

Hi Will, do you have any idea when you will be able to have a review up on the R600 Pro? That's the model I am really interested in. I haven't decided whether to purchase it or make my own. At $499.00 shipped it seems like a good deal if it works considering it can be expanded with the Pro Kit add on.

I have two of the Valence batteries you reviewed I could use for that for that purpose. Fortunately I bought them before you reviewed them (got them cheap) and I LOVE them.

Really hoping the firmware update works for the R600. If it ends up being a hardware problem then that's going to be really bad for EcoFlo! Thanks.

Back