diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow R600

I knew the 107w cap sounded familiar but I completely forgot that's the quiet charge option. Sorry.

No I was glad you said something. Thanks for pointing out what I should actually expect. What I learned was really useful.

Thanks for replying. I learned about the pro kit with the EF1500 expansion battery in this thread, but like you said I'm not aware of any way to get it anymore.

On Ecoflow's facebook page they are surveying interest in another manufacturing run of the the EF-1500 at the same kickstarter price (which was $599). Survey is still up currently.

Screenshot_20210213-120749_Chrome.jpg

Having said that a few people on their Facebook group have been able to order the EF-1500 recently by emailing Ecoflow, who have unlocked their pledgebox form.

So this thread is from a while ago, and seem EF is shipping product now. I've been thinking of getting one of these units to run a coffee maker or hair dryer in the RV. We have a whole DC system, lifepo pack and 600W inverter, solar, chargers, and all that jazz. A portable would offer quick high-power without the genset, and for in the house for a blackout. So I'm looking at the River Pro or the Delta Mini.

Any comments? Recommendations? What about compared to Bluetti or Jackery?

I take it Will had some problems with one a couple of years ago when they came out.
Oh, and Bluetti EB700 has lifepo batteries, these others seem to be lithium ion. Any comments pro or con? The EB700 also looks very attractive.

The "River Pro" only has a 600 watt inverter so that is the limiting factor. It has a boost function that basically lowers the AC voltage going out to trick your higher power devices in working albeit at a slower pace. Using that feature you can have it run a coffeemaker but don't believe it will have the grunt to do a hair dryer. Delta Mini will be a better option if you are choosing between the two. Do note that these will be standard lithium ion. There was a Kickstarter River Pro that was LifePO4 but the retail version is Lithium Ion NMC.

Ah, the Kickstarter...got it.

Is the consensus generally that EcoFlow is as good or better than Jackery or Bluetti? These latter two have been around longer and both enjoy a good reputation. They're both expensive too. Well, they all are. ;)

Jackery is popular but is behind the times now days. The solar/charging input is just too low as in how many watts it can take. Bluetti is good. AC200P will fit your use case scenario as it is LifePO4 and will have an inverter powerful enough for what you need. Ecoflow you aren't going to get LifePO4 unless you go with the new Delta Pro which is pretty pricey and not very portable.

Jackery is very reliable. Input is low (except Explorer 2000, input is 800 watts) but it gives a long lifespan.

Cell type (I know it from 240/500/1000) is BAK N18650CL-29, 1000 cycles to min. 80%.

Last edited:
I just ordered a Delta Mini.
They're on sale - $100 off. Got a $50 promo coupon for signing up on their site for advertising - $699 free ship. $60 tax to the governor.

These have NCM cells - lithium nickel cobalt manganese I think is what that is. New high-performance lithium type cells. They don't have the cycle durability of lifepo, but are high-density energy storage and good for high output. Must be why the mini is rated for 1400W output.

The other model on my shortlist was the new Bluetti EB70S. It is slightly less capable, but lifepo cells - lots more cycles. Less money, but they have trouble with 850W output. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

The new version RiverPro is also very nice. I didn't think it's capacity would be quite enough.

The mini battery is 245A. Verses my 230A lifepo pack I just built for the RV - pic below. It powers everything else. But a 600W inverter will only supply 540W continuous.

Wife can dry her hair in the RV without having to run the generator. Or we can make a pot of coffee. ?

Back