diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow River 600 unit in trouble.

Coop

Not good news.
The Fiinish departmen of electrical safety has found out that there might be an issue with the EF River 600 unit EF4
Something with safety distance of primary and secondary AC conduits and insulation distances.
The article is in Finnish only, could ot find an English version, yet at least.
The units are recalled and consumers urged to return them to the importer.
There is a longer list of serial numbers also. I will try to get it posted here.

Have not heard a single comment from EF yet about this.
#Ecoflow #River600

5D1A27D3-4854-4B9D-B683-E916612F322C.jpeg

Attachments

• E08D9FF5-7952-4058-9518-F1CCBE417168.jpeg
    E08D9FF5-7952-4058-9518-F1CCBE417168.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 11
Amazon just told me to contact the seller for one of these units. I checked the serial number and it is different to those listed. Do you think it will be ok? Or try to send it back.

If Amazon informs that you should contact EcoFlow. It might be better to send them a message to customer support with a picture of the units id tag attached. EF then informs you if it is a unit that needs to be replaced ??

Hi - just joined and spotted this thread, i purchased one off Amazon and got an email saying its at risk of electrical fault, the safety gate web page says this
"The product does not comply with the requirements of the Low Voltage Directive nor with the European standards EN 62040-1, EN 60950-1, and EN 62368-1."

I went onto my Amazon purchase page and the Ecoflow i had bought had pulled from the site, however, they have relisted the same product and under a different description and number - so Amazon opened up a refund case for me as i'm not risking it.

I know they specify its Finland only but i cant see how they would manufacture it different in China just for a few units in Finland

Hi - just joined and spotted this thread, i purchased one off Amazon and got an email saying its at risk of electrical fault, the safety gate web page says this
"The product does not comply with the requirements of the Low Voltage Directive nor with the European standards EN 62040-1, EN 60950-1, and EN 62368-1."

I went onto my Amazon purchase page and the Ecoflow i had bought had pulled from the site, however, they have relisted the same product and under a different description and number - so Amazon opened up a refund case for me as i'm not risking it.

I know they specify its Finland only but i cant see how they would manufacture it different in China just for a few units in Finland
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this. Really helpful to know how you resolved this. I had given up because the seller basically said its only Finland. But you are absolutely right, if it is dangerous in one country, it is dangerous full stop as they are all made in the same way in the same place.
I felt really worried about it and only bought it in the first place because we're being told to expect blackouts this winter.
I have just gone back to Amazon and requested a refund on the basis of safety too. Thank you.

Back