diy solar

diy solar

ecoflow river600. can the battery be replaced?

urbanesoap

I am looking at purchasing this solar generator. The question I have is can the internal battery be replaced? I know they have an external battery add on. If the internal battery cant be replaced, can it run off the external add on if the original internal battery no longer works?

Unless you ordered during the kickstarter, you cannot order a R600 Pro LiFePO4, nor the EF-1500 LiFePO4, nor the PRO KIT for an external 24v battery.

The retail River 600 uses Lithium cells like the Delta, as does the retail external expansion battery (which is maybe half the EF-1500 capacity).

I would say the odds of Ecoflow selling a retail internal battery replacement is very low. I've not seen a disassembly, so maybe a River 600 Max module could be used to replace the internal battery.

Unless you ordered during the kickstarter, you cannot order a R600 Pro LiFePO4, nor the EF-1500 LiFePO4, nor the PRO KIT for an external 24v battery.

The retail River 600 uses Lithium cells like the Delta, as does the retail external expansion battery (which is maybe half the EF-1500 capacity).

I would say the odds of Ecoflow selling a retail internal battery replacement is very low. I've not seen a disassembly, so maybe a River 600 Max module could be used to replace the internal battery.
I guess the next question is, if the internal battery stops working, would it except the battery add on as a stand alone power source or would the unit simply not function without a working internal battery? Im looking for longetivity. Maybe im misunderstanding but it seems the life of the unit is only 2 to 3 years

I guess the next question is, if the internal battery stops working, would it except the battery add on as a stand alone power source or would the unit simply not function without a working internal battery? Im looking for longetivity. Maybe im misunderstanding but it seems the life of the unit is only 2 to 3 years

If you're looking for longevity you'll want a LIFEPO4 gen or something like the Point Zero Titan with modular batteries that can be switched out.

If you're looking for longevity you'll want a LIFEPO4 gen or something like the Point Zero Titan with modular batteries that can be switched out.
I was looking to spend about 3 to 400 ish dollars. Im assuming its unrealistic what I want? Ive been searching on amazon but thats obviously is a chore because people rate something 5 stars because it charged there phone once. So im going to attempt to find one with the lipo4.

I was looking to spend about 3 to 400 ish dollars. Im assuming its unrealistic what I want? Ive been searching on amazon but thats obviously is a chore because people rate something 5 stars because it charged there phone once. So im going to attempt to find one with the lipo4.
Ive been pleasantly surprised by this little guy:

$200 for a 300Wh (285Wh usable) LIFEPO4 rated for 2000 cycles to 80%, 60W USB-C PD and QC USB-A ports.

Been using it for a couple of weeks and have had no problems. Powers my Iceco fridge just fine and the inverter display is super accurate when measured against the Killowatt meter.

Great value IMO.

$200 for a 300Wh (285Wh usable) LIFEPO4 rated for 2000 cycles to 80%, 60W USB-C PD and QC USB-A ports.

Been using it for a couple of weeks and have had no problems. Powers my Iceco fridge just fine and the inverter display is super accurate when measured against the Killowatt meter.

Great value

Great value IMO.
Do we know if it actually has lipo4 cells?

What are you trying to power load wise?

Back