diy solar

diy solar

EcoFlow Smart Home Panel distance from main breakers?

Tuffloud1

Hi- I’m new here and have a question about the Ecoflow Smart Home Panel. I tried reaching out to the company but it was still unclear what the answer is.

My main breaker is on the exterior of my house outside a bedroom. The Smart Panel is not exterior rated obviously because the battery units are not either and have to be right below the panel to plug in. I want to install the Ecoflow Smart Home Panel, however, running the wiring harnesses through the wall and mounting it inside the bedroom is not an option for me.

My question is - would there be an issue if I mounted the Smart Home Panel in a detached garage by running conduit underground from the breaker panel to the garage? I was thinking I could use a junction box next to the Smart Home panel inside the garage, run the Ecoflow wiring harnesses from the Smart Panel to the junction boxes (I think I would need 2 separate runs of underground conduit for in and out harnesses). The Ecoflow harness is only so long so I would be splicing and extending all the wire on the wire harnesses and running it through the conduit about 30 feet away to the main breaker.

Please excuse me if I don’t make any sense and thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Hi- I’m new here and have a question about the Ecoflow Smart Home Panel. I tried reaching out to the company but it was still unclear what the answer is.

My main breaker is on the exterior of my house outside a bedroom. The Smart Panel is not exterior rated obviously because the battery units are not either and have to be right below the panel to plug in. I want to install the Ecoflow Smart Home Panel, however, running the wiring harnesses through the wall and mounting it inside the bedroom is not an option for me.

My question is - would there be an issue if I mounted the Smart Home Panel in a detached garage by running conduit underground from the breaker panel to the garage? I was thinking I could use a junction box next to the Smart Home panel inside the garage, run the Ecoflow wiring harnesses from the Smart Panel to the junction boxes (I think I would need 2 separate runs of underground conduit for in and out harnesses). The Ecoflow harness is only so long so I would be splicing and extending all the wire on the wire harnesses and running it through the conduit about 30 feet away to the main breaker.

Please excuse me if I don’t make any sense and thanks for the help!
Generally whenever you have a major device wired into your house electrical system must be able to disconnect the power to that device for servicing within reach of that device.

Generally whenever you have a major device wired into your house electrical system must be able to disconnect the power to that device for servicing within reach of that device.
That makes sense, but I was thinking that this would be similar to sub panels that are far from the main breaker. You have to flip the breaker to the sub panel at the main panel to stop feeding the sub panel that is far from reach of the main panel.

That makes sense, but I was thinking that this would be similar to sub panels that are far from the main breaker. You have to flip the breaker to the sub panel at the main panel to stop feeding the sub panel that is far from reach of the main panel.
It would then have a main breaker inside it. I don’t know if that is the case or not

Did you figure this out? I have a similar situation or my main breaker is in the middle of my house, but I want to put the Smart panels and batteries in the garage.

Back