diy solar

diy solar

Ecoflow Steppin' up!!

I got an e-mail that looks like the web page. Looks very promising, 3.6 kWh or more will go a long way in a hurricane. EV-style fast charging is an innovative feature. Fingers crossed that the AC inverter is more efficient than the one in the original Delta 1300. Hopefully it's not through Indigogo or Kickstarter.

They just announced on their Facebook group that it'll be LiFePO4.

Unfortunately they're doing early bird pricing. I guess they're looking for paid beta testing from that first wave of users.

Delta Pro (3.6kwh) - Early Bird Price $2199
Delta Pro Extra Battery (3.6kwh) - Early Bird Price - $1699
Delta Pro + Extra Battery - Early Bird Price - $3898
Delta Pro + 2 Extra Batteries - Early Bird Price - $5597

Seems like good features but I've seen too many kickstarter/1st revisions go out half baked.

From the limited information that's available it looks like the features and pricing are competitive with the Bluetti EP500 and EP500Pro.

Scroll down on this web page to see the Delta Max:

Is there any additional information in the Facebook group that's not on the web page? Battery chemistry? Physical size / weight? Cost?

Scroll down on this web page to see the Delta Max:

Is there any additional information in the Facebook group that's not on the web page? Battery chemistry? Physical size / weight? Cost?
I saw early bird $1699, and extra battery $1199 from somebody in the group.

201162332_1510162892686682_2178780985053406233_n.jpg

206410639_1510162936020011_8446105927146308623_n.jpg

It looks like semi-portable “home backup” batteries are just about to head mainstream.
The Delta Pro looks very attractive, with EV charger compatibility - this would be great for my use case which would be occasional blackouts and needing to keep the food from spoiling.

Other options coming out too from other manufacturers… Bluetti EP500 looks like a tank, LFP, and very scalable up to tens of kWh, and also the ability to be wired into your panel.

On the smaller side, I’m seeing lots of ads for the new Generark Home Power 2 which looks to be (on paper) something that is easy to keep ready around the house, but the company is very new and has just one existing product that seems to be an exact clone of the Jackery 1000 (except it’s blue?). They’ve got Steve Wozniak and “Mr. Wonderful” hyping the company, but seemingly nobody’s even reviewed their existing product.

Regardless I’m still gonna wait until these have actually been on the market for a while, in the meantime I’m going to pick up a little River Pro to keep the fridge running for the typical blackouts here which only last a few hours. Ecoflow seems to have the innovation for sure.

The company's past product history is not that great. Buggy product with low efficiency inverter.

Probably not a vaporware like some indiegogo product but probably another one of DOA product. Only good thing about it is probably the charging ability and its polish design.

By the time the product actually shipped, most innovate company will have their product with LifePO4 battery on the market. The specs does not match what Bluetti EP500 offered. Even Jackery will switch their product line to LifePO4 battery in the near future.

One interesting thing about this is it mentions future EcoFlow Wind Turbine.

Last edited:
I just received my River 600 Max from Amazon. So far so good, I've tested it with the Kuerig machine and it's currently running a test in my garage powering my GE 21.9 cubic foot refrigerator. Looks like it only draws 75-85 watts while the compressor is running (surge was 1050W according to the display) so the River is telling me 7 hours remaining. I'm letting it run a few hours.

But the most surprising thing is how little running power my top/bottom full size refrigerator requires. I was expecting ~150W. I'll see if a defrost cycle kicks on at any point which will kick up the power usage.

The River seemed very well packaged; so the devices that have made it past kickstarter and into general production seem to be very polished. Hopefully the newer ones will retain the LFP batteries though. In the meantime the River seems like a nice, solid little unit despite the "inferior" batteries.

I haven't tried the app yet.

Back