diy solar

diy solar

EG 4 batteries started making a buzzing noise?

ed6269

Hello
My EG 4 batteries started to make a buzzing noise about a month ago and I've had them a little over a year now and don't recall ever hearing any noise before and it's driving me crazy.
They seem to be operating ok , I discharge them to about 70% overnight and charge up during the day.
Does anyone else hear any noise coming from their EG 4s ?
Mine are the 24 volt Lifepower 4 batteries.
Thank you for your time
Ed

Are you sure it is not a sound coming from the inverter instead?
Usually worn fans, electronic component starting to go etc.

Are you sure it is not a sound coming from the inverter instead?
Usually worn fans, electronic component starting to go etc.
Ya , I really wanted it to be the inverter that I was hearing but it's not , it's the batteries.

Probably not the battery itself. Probably something related to the BMS. If it is all the time, maybe a power or regulator chip that powers the entire board. If only when top end of charging, maybe a balancing circuit.

Probably not the battery itself. Probably something related to the BMS. If it is all the time, maybe a power or regulator chip that powers the entire board. If only when top end of charging, maybe a balancing circuit.
When there's no load on the batteries they are silent but when applying loads they start buzzing at about 60 watts and they get progressively louder as load is increased but the buzz levels out at about 500 watts thru the 3500 watts that the inverter is rated for.
There is no noise when charging at all.
But I agree with you that it's probably a BMS issue, sometimes when it's buzzing if I push the top of the battery on the ground side it will get louder.

When there's no load on the batteries they are silent but when applying loads they start buzzing at about 60 watts and they get progressively louder as load is increased but the buzz levels out at about 500 watts thru the 3500 watts that the inverter is rated for.
There is no noise when charging at all.
But I agree with you that it's probably a BMS issue, sometimes when it's buzzing if I push the top of the battery on the ground side it will get louder.
Hello,
If you don't mind messaging me your email I will make sure that someone reaches out to you to get a resolution for you asap.

I'm also having buzzing noises on one of my batteries. Did you figure out what it was?

No they just told me it was normal under heavy loads but the loads were not that heavy just a couple hundred watts.

Back