diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3000 EHV-48-Smart ESS problems

ernesto1

Recently setup a 2s4p system off grid here in the mountains to power my EV as well as a few lights during power failures. I'd like to monitor the system performance, but I cannot get the Smart ESS program to work, one of the worst programs I've ever tried to use.

Can anyone tell me if there is another piece of software compatible with the EG4 3000 EHV-48?

Thanks much

I probably have 10 hours into trying to use that Smart ESS junk to no avail. A SS tech spent a whole afternoon with me and still no results. The problem is with the registration, which you have to do before you can view the data. If it doesn't like your email address or password your screwed.

I probably have 10 hours into trying to use that Smart ESS junk to no avail. A SS tech spent a whole afternoon with me and still no results. The problem is with the registration, which you have to do before you can view the data. If it doesn't like your email address or password your screwed..
Thanks for the post,
I still can't access stats, etc. for my setup. Still hoping for some info on 3rd party software for my EG4 inverter & battery as I doubt the original software will be upgraded soon.

Once they correct the voltage fluctuations then hopefully they can move onto the monitoring software. I gave up on ESS and mounted a small Wyze camera pointed at the screen. Haha! Love Signature Solar — just wish I had waited a couple more months to buy the SCC.

3 dongles and many hours later, after giving up on the ESS. Ben at SS sent me a link to DessMonitor and with a new dongle, I am able to monitor my second EG4 inverter from my PC. Which is great since it is in an adjacent building. The only problem it has is that it shows an alarm 6 everyday when the sun goes down. It says low PV input voltage, DUH the sun went down! anybody else seen this?

I've been using DessMonitor for about a month now. I've got two EG4 6500s and I get the same PV loss error for both. Hasn't affected performance but not having a green light on the app is annoying and potentially harmful as I won't see an actual error if there is one. I also get a "LINE FAIL" and a "EEPROM FAULT" errors but I believe those are because I don't have AC in hooked up.

I've been using DessMonitor for about a month now. I've got two EG4 6500s and I get the same PV loss error for both. Hasn't affected performance but not having a green light on the app is annoying and potentially harmful as I won't see an actual error if there is one. I also get a "LINE FAIL" and a "EEPROM FAULT" errors but I believe those are because I don't have AC in hooked up.
That error 6 pv loss is annoying, I get it everyday. I think it is in the dongle software. I see that SS is no longer carrying that dongle, I wonder if they came up with something new?

Back