diy solar

diy solar

EG4 3kw Split Phase Inverter Shutting Off at Full Battery

carefulmistake

I'm curious if anyone else running a split phase system with the EG4 3kw inverters have had issues with the load shutting off through the night even with full batteries? Over the last two months since I've set the system up, I've had a half dozen nights where the power shuts down. There are no error codes and I don't have power save mode turned on or anything. If I switch the inverters off and back on, they power up fine but I'm expecting to not have to randomly turn my power back on if batteries are full. My loads overnight are low, being mainly internet and security. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

IMG_1213_2.jpg
IMG_1214_2.jpg

I have had a similar issue with the EG4 6.5 's, My system just started up about two weeks ago and it will just turn off without any fault codes and will restart without any issue. I also have a very low load on mine and full batteries when it turns off. However, I was working on a project around the inverters, and noticed that fault 61 will show up on one and then disappear after a second or two. I am wandering if the BMS on the EG4 batteries causing the inverter to go off line. I am thinking about testing the system by disconnecting the BMS --> inverter communication cable and change the battery type setting from EG4 to USE or LIC and manually set the battery parameters.

While I'm not glad yours is doing that, I'm glad I'm not alone as I've gone through all the settings many times to make sure I've not missed anything. I wonder if someone from EG4 could weigh in. Seems there has to be some kind of standby mode being triggered either on the battery bank or on the inverters. I'm pulling probably less than 100 watts overnight but even if I'm not pulling any AC power, I would expect that inverters to still perform without having to be reset.

Are you using the "eg4" batt setting and original rs48 cable?
Lots of threads here on the 61 fault.
I have 2- 6500ex48 inverters, I had a similar random shut off, and the 61 error like you describe.
I switched to "user" battery setting, set the charge parameters manually based upon batt manufacturers recommendation.
No further shutdowns or random error 61.

Yes, I am using both the EG4 setting and the cable that came with the unit. Did you need to switch the cable or just the settings to user settings? Also, was your error code there constantly? I've not seen an error code yet when I've had it shut off.

Yes, I am using
Lots of threads here on the 61 fault.
I have 2- 6500ex48 inverters, I had a similar random shut off, and the 61 error like you describe.
I switched to "user" battery setting, set the charge parameters manually based upon batt manufacturers recommendation.
No further shutdowns or random error 61.
I am using the "eg4" setting on the master unit and "user" on the slave unit, and using the original RS cable for the master inverter (connected per Sig-Solar video). Question, when using the "user" battery setting on both inverters, do you keep the RS cable connected?

I'm curious if anyone else running a split phase system with the EG4 3kw inverters have had issues with the load shutting off through the night even with full batteries? Over the last two months since I've set the system up, I've had a half dozen nights where the power shuts down. There are no error codes and I don't have power save mode turned on or anything. If I switch the inverters off and back on, they power up fine but I'm expecting to not have to randomly turn my power back on if batteries are full. My loads overnight are low, being mainly internet and security. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Hey just wanted to touch base with you here. Did you happen to send in an email to tech support? We would need to get a little more info from you to be able to troubleshoot this all the way out.

Hey just wanted to touch base with you here. Did you happen to send in an email to tech support? We would need to get a little more info from you to be able to troubleshoot this all the way out.
I sent an email a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. I know you all are slammed so I posted here to see if anyone else had the same issue and if they had a way to resolve. If it was easy to replicate, it'd be a lot easier to diagnose but it seems random and without errors I'm not sure if it's on the battery or inverter. I am going to try the user setting this weekend if I don't hear back from you all by then and see how it goes from there.

Received a response from Signature Solar Tech, they requested that I performed a firmware update on on the EG4 6.5 inverters. About 4 days have past, the random fault code 61 and the going off line seemed to have stopped. Also, I can connect the EG4 batteries to both inverters with both inverters programed for EG4 batteries without issue. Looks like the firmware update corrected several of my issues.

Back