diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 48 volt battery charger

please Explain the SOC light while charging. I’ve been charging for two days with the EG4 charger. I watch the packs and at some times all the packs will have the 50% or 75%light flashing while others don’t. At times all of them will have lights flashing and at time none of them will have lights flashing. While the entire time the charger continues to flash red and the fan runs. As I type they have been charging 21 hours.
Also, if you have, let say 20KW worth of batteries, mine was at 52% SOC, but 3 out of the 4 LED were ON, it will take 10000/900=11.11 hours to get from 50%SOC to 100%SOC

Also, if you have, let say 20KW worth of batteries, mine was at 52% SOC, but 3 out of the 4 LED were ON, it will take 10000/900=11.11 hours to get from 50%SOC to 100%SOC
I have 6 48v packs. Not long after that post my generator idled down and I checked what was going on. The green light on the charger was flashing and all packs had all 4 SOC light on solid. I checked the watt meter on my generator and the charger was still pulling 400 watts. I thought all the packs were done so I shut everything down for the night.

After returning to my easy chair I read the directions that came with the charger. They stated that the light would illuminate solid green and the charger would turn off. Now I know for next time.

I have 6 48v packs. Not long after that post my generator idled down and I checked what was going on. The green light on the charger was flashing and all packs had all 4 SOC light on solid. I checked the watt meter on my generator and the charger was still pulling 400 watts. I thought all the packs were done so I shut everything down for the night.

After returning to my easy chair I read the directions that came with the charger. They stated that the light would illuminate solid green and the charger would turn off. Now I know for next time.
At the end of the charging cycle when the charger switches from CC (constant current) to CV ( constant voltage) the BMS is balancing the cells trying to get the voltage of the 16 cells, that in series are making the 48V, to be the same.
With 6 batteries, it will take that 900W charger about 27 hours to charge from 20%SOC to full.

Not too happy with signature solar. The wouldn't test it because it was modified with an Anderson plug. But they did send it back free of charge,. Happy about that. It still puts out 250 watts and some times goes to 900 watts. I need to buy 400 amp hours worth of batteries,. Not sure if this is the company to deal with. I want the eg4.
check out these ARK batteries from Ohio , if have not gotten your batteries yet .

Since I have owned the Lifepower4 batteries they have never been fully vaccinated I mean charged. So I decided I was going to stick with it this time. My generator has been running since yesterday morning. I have just got to the point that the charger is only suppling between 100 and 200w. The voltage has been hovering around 53.7 and 53.80 for about 4 hours now. At one time it did get to 54. And I think that’s when the generator idled down. It’s still supplying about 300w to the charger.

So I’m guessing it’s balancing cells?

I’m going to bed and going to let it run another night. I’ll know if the charger turns off. My generator runs a little on the lean side at 4500 feet of elevation and starts to pop under no load.

Reactions: TEV
Just tested the replacement charger for my missing one from my second order from SS.
Unfortunately, only 17 amps.
Maybe they installed a 17A BMS instead of the 25A BMS on those chargers.........joking, more likely that they programmed this batch with the wrong algorithm.

Yes, PM sent.

I
Just tested the replacement charger for my missing one from my second order from SS.
Unfortunately, only 17 amps.
Maybe they installed a 17A BMS instead of the 25A BMS on those chargers.........joking, more likely that they programmed this batch with the wrong algorithm.

Yes, PM sent.
I don’t think the PM is going to do you any good, because I don’t think they have any 25amp replacements. I contacted them weeks ago and nothing from them since. I believe they got hosed by their supplier.

Hello, they are always flashing run, they always will if you see voltage output. We have more than a warehouse, we have an entire test facility and there is no need for someone to “go out into the warehouse to see” you can video call the bench if you’d like.
SOC shipped fluctuated due to the long transport times.
Please go ahead and actually use the batteries and then let us know if you have any problems :)
Our team is maturing and it seems the person who talked to you was not as effective at explaining this to you sir.

koldsimer, got there attention?

"These situations are not cut-and dried, but we are putting in the effort to mature a growing support team and provide the support that we would want to have in any cases."
I wish I could get their attention. I only spent $7000 with them so I guess getting moved up to "level three tech support, Matt" means I'm no longer in the tier to receive tech help. Good luck to the rest of you.

I wish I could get their attention. I only spent $7000 with them so I guess getting moved up to "level three tech support, Matt" means I'm no longer in the tier to receive tech help. Good luck to the rest of you.
Funny you said you spent 7k with them, I just realized I spent 10 k in the last year with them.

they sent me a second charger until it can be figured out, two of them puts out 31amp

the difference between 800w and 1600w was night a day. Instead of running my generator for 7 and 1/2 hours everday, now I run it for 2 hours every other day. And the cost in fuel went from $60/week to $15/week

edit: also the manual if you read it carefully states its only a 16a charger. Its the worst chinese to english translation I had a huge laugh. try reading it. at one point it tells you to call the police

Back