diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6.5K setup.

rfbuehler

Can I put 3 inverters in parallel (2) on L1 and (1) on L2.

This would give me 13K on L1 and 6.5 shared with L2 for 240v loads.

I would try with an amp meter to make share the loads are off balanced to L1. Basically I could monitor the two legs for a period of time one move loads between L1 and L2 to balance the system.

I will only have a Heat pump and heat pump water heater as 240v loads. The other heavy hitters, stove/oven, dryer, fireplace will be LP.

If I can do this vs 4 inverters it would be great 240w idle vs 320w would make a huge difference.

Also if you can remotely turn an inverter on/off can I turn one of the L1 inverters off say at 9PM and back on at 7AM, cutting idle draw to 160 thru the night when loads are low?

I don't think that it can work that way. I think that they have to be set up in pairs. But, I'm not 100% sure. I have only seen this type of setting in a 3 phase system.

Looking at the three phase system all units are tied to the serial pairing com. The paired inverters have their current sharing tied together. The phase that only had one inverter only had the comm connected. The question is this also possible with split phase? All having the comm daisy chained and the phase with 2 inverters having the current sharing connected?

Back