diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6000EX Ground / Neutral Bond Location

akitawpo

Hello,
Currently building a new system with as EG4 6000EX. I will be using grid pass-through to power the house when no batteries are available and solar is not enough. My current panel which will feed the pass-through input has a N/G bond already. My understanding is I need to remove the N/G ground bond in the inverter. Does somebody have pictures or at least point to a location to were I should be looking to remove it? Thank you

Hello,
Currently building a new system with as EG4 6000EX. I will be using grid pass-through to power the house when no batteries are available and solar is not enough. My current panel which will feed the pass-through input has a N/G bond already. My understanding is I need to remove the N/G ground bond in the inverter. Does somebody have pictures or at least point to a location to were I should be looking to remove it? Thank you
First, you need to see how the inverter handles bonding. If it only bonds the N/G in battery mode and you are only using one inverter, there's no need to do anything.

First, you need to see how the inverter handles bonding. If it only bonds the N/G in battery mode and you are only using one inverter, there's no need to do anything.
Like I mentioned, I intend to use it in grid assist pass-trough mode. I already confirmed it has a N/G bond during this scenario.

Maybe this has already been answered, but I have a similar setup and the following is an email I got from sig solar when I asked about this.
There's an internal bond that is set on a relay that pretty much only operates when the inverter is in use. When the inverter itself switches to grid-bypass for utility power, that bond is on a relay that disconnects so that it doesn't conflict with the bond that is supposed to be in the panel upstream of the inverter.

Maybe this has already been answered, but I have a similar setup and the following is an email I got from sig solar when I asked about this.
There's an internal bond that is set on a relay that pretty much only operates when the inverter is in use. When the inverter itself switches to grid-bypass for utility power, that bond is on a relay that disconnects so that it doesn't conflict with the bond that is supposed to be in the panel upstream of the inverter.
I'm not sure this is correct, there seems to be some variation in bonding screws on these units. As near as I can tell, units shipped after 2/2023 do not have a bonding screw. I've taken the following photos from a SS video to show the location, apparently it's m2.5 x 10. If I have it wrong, correct me.

1677341726638.png
Reference thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/n...built-without-the-bonding-screw.53547/page-14

I'm not sure this is correct, there seems to be some variation in bonding screws on these units. As near as I can tell, units shipped after 2/2023 do not have a bonding screw. I've taken the following photos from a SS video to show the location, apparently it's m2.5 x 10. If I have it wrong, correct me.

View attachment 136694
Reference thread: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/n...built-without-the-bonding-screw.53547/page-14
This looks like a different inverter from the EG4 6000ex-48.

Back