diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500es mystery grid power usage

I don't know what manual you are looking at, page 20-22 show exactly these configurations.
RTFM
pages 20-22 are for 3 phase service.
page 18-and top of page 19 are for split phase 240 service
the configs shown for split phase use either 2 or 4 or 6 inverters

my guess is that there is not proper communication between inverters. the inverter with varying volts is it one of the two inverters on the same phase ?

No it is the one by itself feeding L1. It is also the one which had one of its arrays short to ground. I have cleared the bad string but haven’t troubleshooted to find the culprit in that string. Was wondering if it might have stressed something

pages 20-22 are for 3 phase service.
page 18-and top of page 19 are for split phase 240 service
the configs shown for split phase use either 2 or 4 or 6 inverters
You had better read the manual again if you actually give a crap about what we're talking about. You can do one, two or three inverters on one two or three phases.

You had better read the manual again if you actually give a crap about what we're talking about. You can do one, two or three inverters on one two or three phases.
do you see that setup in the manual ? page number please

FFS I have seen it in the eg4 manual, the MPP manual and the Sungold power manual. I just don't know why you can't see it or don't want to believe it.

FFS I have seen it in the eg4 manual, the MPP manual and the Sungold power manual. I just don't know why you can't see it or don't want to believe it.
I have the mpp manual and the eg4 manual and you are right, I cant find that configuration. If you see it maybe you could share the exact page
I dont have a dog in the fight. The guy is having issues and is using an unusual setup that I dont see listed in the manual

Ok let me be concise about this. You are right it does not actually show 2 inverters on phase 1 and a single inverter on phase 2 but it does show one two and three inverters in various combinations on three phases. In the description of how to set the inverter up it does tell you you need at least one inverter on each phase and up to three on each phase. I was not correct earlier when I said 9 in total it is actually 6.
Oh and the inverter with the varying output voltage is just plain faulty.

Back