diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX-48 "HELP"

I have an EG4 6500-48 Inverter/Charger that I need to connect to the Grid for A/C IN. The manual suggests #4 wire, but how do I connect #4 wires to the Main A/C Panel and what size breaker do I need for 120v system??? What am I missing? And please keep it simple.
HELP!!!
Thanks,
David
Hi David, I'm confused about your question and maybe someone can help me understand ....... the EG4 6500-48 is listed as and sold as an Off-Grid Inverter, which I thought could not be used for a grid tied situation. I must not understand what the circumstances are that allow you to use that inverter when EG4 sells a " Hybrid Inverter' for that kind of application.
'EG4 8kW Hybrid Inverter | 8000W Output | 12000W PV Input | 500 VOC Input | 48V Split Phase 120/240VAC | EG4-8KEXP-240 | All in One Solar Inverter'............. am I misunderstanding the application of either one or both Inverters ?

Hi David, I'm confused about your question and maybe someone can help me understand ....... the EG4 6500-48 is listed as and sold as an Off-Grid Inverter, which I thought could not be used for a grid tied situation. I must not understand what the circumstances are that allow you to use that inverter when EG4 sells a " Hybrid Inverter' for that kind of application.
'EG4 8kW Hybrid Inverter | 8000W Output | 12000W PV Input | 500 VOC Input | 48V Split Phase 120/240VAC | EG4-8KEXP-240 | All in One Solar Inverter'............. am I misunderstanding the application of either one or both Inverters ?
The 6500 can use AC for pass through power and charge batteries from the grid. It just cannot sell back to the grid, hence, why it is not a "hybrid" unit.

Back