diy solar

diy solar

EG4 6500EX Lights flickering

I've got an EG4 6000ex which I've had running a week or two and just noticed the flickering LED lights. It was several but they don't do it consistently. Just now I'm running about 350watts of load, just solar and there isn't any problem. Not sure what was happening when they were acting up, but sure it was only solar as there is plenty of sun at the moment.

Firmware info:
Main CPU Firmware 06324
Slave 1 CPU 06115

I've got an EG4 6000ex which I've had running a week or two and just noticed the flickering LED lights. It was several but they don't do it consistently. Just now I'm running about 350watts of load, just solar and there isn't any problem. Not sure what was happening when they were acting up, but sure it was only solar as there is plenty of sun at the moment.

Firmware info:
Main CPU Firmware 06324
Slave 1 CPU 06115
Were the batteries fully charged when the lights started flickering?

Same issue with my EG4 3K when batteries are full. Weird. Better when charging. IDK.

Same issue with my EG4 3K when batteries are full. Weird. Better when charging. IDK.
Yeah, really strange. I had noticed a little pulsing issue until today when it was very apparent. Not loading the inverter heavily but it may be enough most the day so that the effect isn't noticeable.

It's being looked into. We're seeing it happen mostly with very little load and level out as the loads increase. Working with manufacturers to find a resolution to these issues.

we are isolating the HW versions, this is ongoing, it may be a couple hundred, may be 1000+

Our head of R&D is in Taiwan right now trying to find a solution to the flickering issue.

It was connected and flickering before the update then it stopped when we flashed the update. That's all we could base it on. But our techs made some serious mistakes in his process, which is our bigger concern in this case.

I looked Gavin's issue over again and I think he was treated unfairly and I reacted badly after reading what he said on the forum. SS will reimburse the difference in his case. @Gavin Stone check your email. I'm sorry for what happened here. I don't expect you ever want to work with us again, I just never want anyone to walk away feeling like we are out to screw them out of money.

Are you still dealing with the flickering lights? We released fw last Friday specifically designed to target that issue. We're you able to flash that and do you still have this problem?

the schneider 6848 as well as our EG4 6000ex transformer unit runs all bulbs no flicker even the ones the 6500ex and DEYE/SOlark make flicker.

I’m on the latest firmware and have been waiting patiently for a resolution the flicker and pulsing power issues with the 6000ex.

Seems like their solution was to discontinue the 6000ex and replace it with a newer inverter, 6000xp .

Are you Signature Solar and EG4 guys going to help us out with a trade in / upgrade offer?

Back