diy solar

diy solar

EG4-6500EX Multiple Problems Unable to reach Signature Solar for Support for over 6 weeks

Sure sounds like something isn't wired correctly. Appliances burning up, breakers suddenly hot to the touch and GFCI's popping. Neutral/ground bonding is suspect. Many times bathroom circuits used to be wired with a shared neutral.

Reactions: Zwy
I've started having another strange problem with one of my electrical circuits in the house. My hallway bathroom GFCI keeps tripping. It seems to happen when there is a change in the load, eitehr rapidly going up or going down. I'm trying to track the exact times and compare with SA data, but regardless, why would a GFCI trip, and not all of them? I've repalced the GFCI outlet and it's still doing it once or twice a day.
I have my GFCIs trip when my 6000ex use grid power. The GFCIs' subpanel is only connected to the EG4 subpanel at the main service panel: This thread

Can you draw out a diagram with how you have things connected? Is your inverter one of the ones that comes with the N/G screw? (SS seems to have changed how these go out the door)

I also have the flickering lights, my power shuts down for a few seconds(6 times in the last month) and one GFCI ARC breaker started popping when it never did. I did switch it with a different one. This is a brand new off grid house and electrical was inspected and is correct. Is there another brand inverter that I can switch out to that works well with my EG4 battery bank? Split phase 240v. I can't keep having my electronics subjected to this.

I also have the flickering lights, my power shuts down for a few seconds(6 times in the last month) and one GFCI ARC breaker started popping when it never did. I did switch it with a different one. This is a brand new off grid house and electrical was inspected and is correct. Is there another brand inverter that I can switch out to that works well with my EG4 battery bank? Split phase 240v. I can't keep having my electronics subjected to this.
From the looks of it, you need a firmware update. Shoot our tech team an email and they can send you the file and walk you through it.

He lives in Bisbee, Arizona. Wonder if he has bumped into Doug Stanhope.

Last edited:
From the looks of it, you need a firmware update. Shoot our tech team an email and they can send you the file and walk you through it.
I thought you guys were updated the firmware before shipping these units out? Maybe the guy who posted the video got one before the updates?

Both inverters were just sent to me after my originals fried out, the replacement inverters did not work either so Signature sent me new display panels and I requested to have them updated before they were sent to me since I do not have a PC computer. How do I upgrade firmware? I have only had them a month....

Back