diy solar

diy solar

EG4 battery terminals 4/0 lugs

medic149

Cabin In The Woods
Does anyone have a picture or description of how to use a 4/0 wire lug on the EG4 battery terminals? The lugs are too big to fit. Filing down the lugs is making them to thin. Not keen on putting a bus bar extension on the terminal unless I figure out a way to cover and protect it from shorting out.

Thanks

Last edited:
I used 2/0 on my LV6548's no issue. But I have two LV6548s. The main cable from the bank is 4/0, and then divided to each inverter for 2/0 to the inverters.
But your idea to put a bus bar extention sounds like a very workable solution.

I'd go with something smaller like 2AWG since those packs can only do 100A continuous
He may have several in parallel. There are a variety of Lug shapes that would entirely cover the surface area of the Inverter. I presume the inverter to paralleling bus bar is where the biggest load will be.

He may have several in parallel. There are a variety of Lug shapes that would entirely cover the surface area of the Inverter. I presume the inverter to paralleling bus bar is where the biggest load will be.
I'm assuming he is using the EG4 rack with the long busbar. If not then definitely use the largest size you can fit. The limiting factor there might be the internal connection between the two paralleled terminals.

Only 2 in parallel. Not using the server rack. Would like to not have to spend $500+ just to connect them.

Are you talking about EG4 battery or Inverter? A picture would help. Not all 4/0 Lugs are the same size.
I know what you mean :ROFLMAO:
So many posts of late just say EG4 and I have no clue if it is the battery or the Inverter, complicated further by there being two models of each.

Only 2 in parallel. Not using the server rack. Would like to not have to spend $500+ just to connect them
I know what you mean :ROFLMAO:
So many posts of late just say EG4 and I have no clue if it is the battery or the Inverter, complicated further by there being two models of each.
That's why I put "battery terminals" in the title.

Didn’t see Will’s busbar but I had to replace the lugs on my SS wires as well. I still have to go get the heat shrink protector to finish the job ?

Seeing the picture there is always the alternative to use two wires per battery to get the current carrying ability of one big wire.
Do you have a photo of what you are talking about? I see that my 12kw growatt recommends 3*2awg. NO ONE talks about that configuration, but if that is what they suggest... I am not sure it will fit, but would love to see a picture of that.

Back