diy solar

diy solar

EG4 dip switch settings

Texican

Solar Enthusiast
I seem to remember a post a while back where it was mentioned that the user manual for the eg4 batts 48v, no lcd, had reversed the position on the dip switch settings from reality

ie... if the book said for a particular ID number set up up down up, it should actually be down down up down

anyway does anyone else remember this issue or am I confused

reason Im asking is I followed the manual in setting my 6 batts starting with ID 2 ending with ID 7

and the bms software is showing bunch of other ids and also solar assistant seems to think my setting are wrong

I have one eg4 LiFePower that appears to have the dip switch mounted upside down with the exception of the lettering on the switch is in the correct orientation. Hook you laptop to the batteries and see what changes when you change the dip.

The eg4 48v with no lcd, the manual showing dip switch settings is wrong
after much trial and error I have determined the correct settings
now the solar assistant software shows all 6 batteries info
the settings in the manual are so far off it is not funny
let me know if anyone needs the correct settings

Please do post them. I tried to get mine to work before giving up in frustration.

EG-4 Lifepower without LCD​

Battery ID Dip Switches U= Up D=Down

1 UDDD

2 DUDD

3 UUDD

4 DDUD

5 UDUD

6 DUUD

7 UUUD

8 DDDU

9 UDDU

10 DUDU

11 UUDU

12 TBD

13 TBD

14 DUUU

15 UUUU

I will have to double check for 12 & 13 as I got 2 different settings giving that ID ???

I have a bank of 6 eg-4s so as per the Solar Assistant manual, my first battery is ID 2 and my last battery is ID 7

I got this info using the signature solar BMS software, attached to an individual battery trying all possible dip settings and then scanning using the software for the resulting battery ID

I have dual LV6548 inverters and they dont seem to talk directly to the batteries. some inverters may need to start at ID-1, not sure

what a pain. but seems to be working great mow

Judging by that numbering, I'd say it's just binary
If that theory holds true:
12 should be DDUU
13 would be UDUU
thanks, it is supposed to be binary but the battery manual has a table with the settings and they are wildly inaccurate

thanks, it is supposed to be binary but the battery manual has a table with the settings and they are wildly inaccurate
Yeah, it's backwards and upsidedown from how I'd like it to be.

I think you're supposed to hold the battery upsidedown, maybe you missed that step in the instructions ??

New to the forum, I have 4 Pylontech batteries, 3 US 2000C & 1 US2000 with a Lux LXP3600ACS inverter.
At present the LCD on the inverter is telling me(I think) that I have 4 master batteries.

I have made one of the US2000c batteries the master, should I alter the dip switch settings to that shown by "Texican" as above.

At present the inverter will not allow the batteries to discharge, or allow the inverter to be fully programmed.

Any help would more than be appreciated

those dis switch settings are only for the eg3 lifepower battery, not pylontech

I have 4 US2000c batteries and 1 US2000 battery as a bank with cabling in between. I have made a US 2000C the master, do I have to alter any of the dip switches to enable the batteries to work as a unit?

Many thanks for any help.

I made a copy of their table that is correct since I had the same issue as @Texican for 48V/100AH EG4 LiFePower4 (no LCD) packs. I verified all the address settings using their BMS software. Another important thing to note about Solar Assistant is that it starts at address 2 and scans incrementally. As soon as it does not find a battery with that address, it stops scanning. So you can't address your batteries with any gaps, or if you happen to remove a pack for service, you'll find it you won't see the batteries after it.

1654110939846.png

Some of the dip switches are wired wrong. One of mine appears labeled correctly but when checked with their software, acts as if it were wired in mirror image.

Some of the dip switches are wired wrong. One of mine appears labeled correctly but when checked with their software, acts as if it were wired in mirror image.
Are you saying you have multiple batteries and the DIP switches behave differently across them, i.e., if you configured them with the exact same DIP switch settings they would read as two different addresses in the BMS software? I wonder if it's a battery batch/BMS version thing? Thankfully, all 6 of my batteries work according to the table I posted above. I took delivery of mine around the end of March but I ordered all 6 at the same time. When did you get yours?

Are you saying you have multiple batteries and the DIP switches behave differently across them, i.e., if you configured them with the exact same DIP switch settings they would read as two different addresses in the BMS software? I wonder if it's a battery batch/BMS version thing? Thankfully, all 6 of my batteries work according to the table I posted above. I took delivery of mine around the end of March but I ordered all 6 at the same time. When did you get yours?
I have four, only one acts that way. Scratched my head for a bit, but everything else functions as intended, no worries. 'Some' as in if I got one, I'd have to wager they are more out there.

Super strange... I'd be curious to know if the BMS's are identical between the one unit that doesn't conform and one of the others, as well as how the DIP switches connect to the BMS. Are they directly soldered, connected with a ribbon cable, or something else? Sounds like the QC wasn't too thorough.

The eg4 48v with no lcd, the manual showing dip switch settings is wrong
after much trial and error I have determined the correct settings
now the solar assistant software shows all 6 batteries info
the settings in the manual are so far off it is not funny
let me know if anyone needs the correct settings
Hi,please post the dip switches settings I am having trouble seeing my batteries information

Hi,please post the dip switches settings I am having trouble seeing my batteries information
here you go

EG-4 Lifepower without LCD

Battery ID Dip Switches U= Up D=Down

1 UDDD

2 DUDD

3 UUDD

4 DDUD

5 UDUD

6 DUUD

7 UUUD

8 DDDU

9 UDDU

10 DUDU

11 UUDU

12 TBD

13 TBD

Thank you for this thread!
I have been searching for the correct dip switch settings for my rack of 6 - EG4 LifePower4 batteries

I installed the Signature Solar BMS test software and now all 6 batteries show up with their data
Up is 1, down is 0 - This setup works and others I tries did not
1-1000
2-0100
3-1100
4-0010
5-1010
6-0110

I don't have a download link to the BMS test software, but it is listed in the description section of this video

Last edited:
Back