diy solar

diy solar

EG4 EX-6500 error code F52

SouthTexasSolar

Does anyone know what all the error codes are? The two I've had so far and they are not in manual.
F61 - EG4 communication issue with EG4 lithium battery
F52 - What is it????

I think F52 is also in one of the manuals, I only know because it happened to me multiple times and it shut my inverter off multiple times, cutting off all power to my load center. Signature Solar support is ultra lacking, so I just tried to figure it out on my own. I think the error code was 'low bus voltage'. In my case one of my batteries was down to one LED where others were higher, so I think it had something to do with that, even though the other 5 were higher up. It's like it looked at a value from one low battery and decided to shut the whole system down because of that. I solved both my Error 61 and Error 52 issues by removing the communications from the inverter to the batteries and setting both inverters to use USER mode. I made that change about a a week and a half ago - since then I haven't had an issue.

I think F52 is also in one of the manuals, I only know because it happened to me multiple times and it shut my inverter off multiple times, cutting off all power to my load center. Signature Solar support is ultra lacking, so I just tried to figure it out on my own. I think the error code was 'low bus voltage'. In my case one of my batteries was down to one LED where others were higher, so I think it had something to do with that, even though the other 5 were higher up. It's like it looked at a value from one low battery and decided to shut the whole system down because of that. I solved both my Error 61 and Error 52 issues by removing the communications from the inverter to the batteries and setting both inverters to use USER mode. I made that change about a a week and a half ago - since then I haven't had an issue.
Thanks for responding! Yours is the only comment I've found with F52.

Had my whole house shut down at 5am and both my EG4 6500s were in fault mode with F52. My batteries all had significant charge (2 or 3 lights) on remaining...

I've had intermittent F61 codes as well and disconnected comms and switched battery type setting to USE from EG4 as well.

I'd love to be able to use the BMS of the batteries but not if my whole system is randomly going to shut off because of comms errors...

Anyone from Signature Solar feel free to chime in please!

@RichardFromEG4 is the most active on the forum from SigSolar.
Thanks for tagging. Hopefully they can help. Leaving both inverters on USE till then.

To clarify, I have the cable oriented correctly from inverter to battery, had the master set to Eg4 and slave as USE.

I don't like relying on voltages for the settings instead of SOC but what can we do otherwise?

Two crying kids at 5am because sound machines shut off was not fun...

Had my whole house shut down at 5am and both my EG4 6500s were in fault mode with F52. My batteries all had significant charge (2 or 3 lights) on remaining...

I've had intermittent F61 codes as well and disconnected comms and switched battery type setting to USE from EG4 as well.

I'd love to be able to use the BMS of the batteries but not if my whole system is randomly going to shut off because of comms errors...

It seems that the best option is to keep settings in USR mode - I configured the settings based on a write up I found from @FilterGuy in one of the threads. As far as being able to monitor the batteries and inverter settings, the trend seems to be to get Solar Assistant, which from what I'm reading has great support, direct from the developer. I just ordered one yesterday, so hopefully I get it in a couple of weeks, since it's on a Pi device, coming from South Africa.

Last edited:

Is there an upside to using the comms? I haven't seen anyone say what it is yet...

Is there an upside to using the comms? I haven't seen anyone say what it is yet...
That would be because there is so little working about the communication between battery and inverter right now. So many early buyers got cables that did not work. Then there was rumor of firmware needed updated depending on inverter. Then there was new cables and connections were still bad. Then switches are upside down on some batteries.

I would think that someday battery to inverter communication is the best option to have. Surely designers have algorithms that indicate the best SOC and cycle rates like the Tesla and Toyota hybrids. The battery BMS needs to communicate to the inverter / charge controller for the best performance. Someday it will all be there.

That would be because there is so little working about the communication between battery and inverter right now. So many early buyers got cables that did not work. Then there was rumor of firmware needed updated depending on inverter. Then there was new cables and connections were still bad. Then switches are upside down on some batteries.

I would think that someday battery to inverter communication is the best option to have. Surely designers have algorithms that indicate the best SOC and cycle rates like the Tesla and Toyota hybrids. The battery BMS needs to communicate to the inverter / charge controller for the best performance. Someday it will all be there.
Agree on getting Solar Assistant and not even worrying about comm between the inverter and the batteries. With that said, have you guys figured out this issue? I lost power last week, had F52 on one inverter, cycled them and then had F09. This was on the LV6548's which are supposed to be the same minus the EG4 firmware and UL cert. (other differences, but the base seems similar)

It seems that the best option is to keep settings in USR mode - I configured the settings based on a write up I found from @FilterGuy in one of the threads. As far as being able to monitor the batteries and inverter settings, the trend seems to be to get Solar Assistant, which from what I'm reading has great support, direct from the developer. I just ordered one yesterday, so hopefully I get it in a couple of weeks, since it's on a Pi device, coming from South Africa.
Does solar assistant allow you to set/ change battery settings? What manual settings do you use for the batteries? After changing the inverter settings back to USE do I have to manually set the battery charging settings or will the inverters do it correctly? Sorry for so many questions but you seem like you have your act together with this stuff more than most on here.

Same issue here. User mode has tenporarily fixed it for now. We need a fix for this asap from signature solar.

have the same issue everytime even in user mode , F52 .... i can t even use my batterie (off grid easun 11KV + 10KVA easun batterie)

anyone know something ?

Back