diy solar

diy solar

EG4 GYLL 24V / 48V (5KWh) in a High shock/vibration Environment ?

OFFGRIDR

Hi, I'd like to build a semi-portable battery backup system using the GYLL that was
recently reviewed by Wil mounted to a dolly with a Growatt All-In-One 24/48V 3KW or equiv.
I'd like the flexibility to be able to load this into my van and transport it from time to time,
but the vast majority of the time will be used for grid outages to run my fridge and mini split in one location.
I would want a DC disconnect between the Battery and inverter during travel if practical.
My concern is the amount of energy stored inside in the 5Kwh physical packaged battery.
and I'm wondering how dangerous this is in the event of mechanical failure INSIDE the battery case
when sitting in the back of a van. (The gas tank is situation near the front about 8 ft fwd, the dolly/battery would
be close to the rear).

Questions:
1) Would 2P2S or 4S Lifepo4 12V 100ah which could be switched off independently during travel be less of a fire hazard?
2) Do portable off the shelf high capacity solar backup systems (2KWh - 5KWh) pose the same risk insofar as the mfgr defects are concerned that could happen being lugged around inside a van (potholes, vibration ect.)?
3) How is it normally done to frequently transport such a large battery Do they all require a padded enclosure, % discharge first?
I just saw some pics of LifePo4 system RV fires - got me thinkn..

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Back