diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LifePower battery issue. Settings seem off. Not charging correctly

Ductgsxr

So I was having this issue with my Growatt, then I switched to the EG4 Solar inverter. Then I bought the EG4 lifepower battery and still have the same issue but now I have another issue. and yes I have looked all over for answers.

2 Things...

1st issue

My inverter keeps switching to the battery after the grid charges it, even when its dark out. I only want to discharge the battery after the sun comes out. then continue till the voltage is low (51V?) then switch to Grid. Then charge the battery and wait till the sun comes back again. then repeat. Basically once a day.

2nd issue

Now that I bought the EG4 battery because I thought it was a simple one setting to change to "EG4" from "USER" and the solar charger and battery would work together correctly. But nope, it switch from grid to solar/battery when it was only charged at 30% and dark out. I am getting super frustrated with this. Why is there not a simple document showing bulk, float, back-to-grid, and back-to-discharge settings? I am seeing voltage all over the place. What am I missing here that the solar charger keeps switching so much?

I also have Solar Assistant now as well.

:mad:

Setting 12 is back to utility and setting 13 is back to battery, on a growatt. Not sure on the eg4.
As far as you wanting it to act differently at dark and daylight, that is for your solar input, otherwise the inverter does not care.
I think you are wanting these units to help with time of use, and they are not setup for that. You did not say that, I'm just trying to guess what your after.

Setting 12 is back to utility and setting 13 is back to battery, on a growatt. Not sure on the eg4.
As far as you wanting it to act differently at dark and daylight, that is for your solar input, otherwise the inverter does not care.
I think you are wanting these units to help with time of use, and they are not setup for that. You did not say that, I'm just trying to guess what your after.
One thing I found is the Solar assistant and the EG4 wifi module didn't actually make the changes on the EG4. I went to the unit and had to manually make the changes. It seems to be working better but we'll see tonight.

Back