diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Lifepower4 and EGYLL LED Light sequences are not the same

SignatureSolarUS

Solar Enthusiast
These are different BMS Based packs, but they share a common cell: the Grade A Tier 1 GanFeng 100AH with 7000cycles @80%

LIFEPOWER4 manual

EGYLL / GYLL manual

The user manual of the EG4 battery has too many errors. The LED indicator description is completely wrong. For example, the manual said, on the standby mode, without warning/protection, the RUN should be solid green, then on the discharge/charge mode, without warning/protection, the RUN should flash. However mine is completed opposite. The BMS software section is also incorrect (seems it was copied from previous version of GYLL battery) although the website gives correct link of the software, but the quality sucks (and what's the password mentioned in the software and what is for?).

By far I am impressed by the high quality of the battery itself, but have to vote down for the quality of the manual and the BMW software.

The user manual of the EG4 battery has too many errors. The LED indicator description is completely wrong. For example, the manual said, on the standby mode, without warning/protection, the RUN should be solid green, then on the discharge/charge mode, without warning/protection, the RUN should flash. However mine is completed opposite. The BMS software section is also incorrect (seems it was copied from previous version of GYLL battery) although the website gives correct link of the software, but the quality sucks (and what's the password mentioned in the software and what is for?).

By far I am impressed by the high quality of the battery itself, but have to vote down for the quality of the manual and the BMW software.
Yeah the RUN indicator is backwards. Have you ever had the ALARM blink red with solid RUN and blinking green stuck at first SOC?

Ya, we are working on doing manuals in house now. Check out our new 3k inverter manual for a glimpse of what to expect. We are re-writing the battery manuals as well.
Richard, did you see the recent post on the eg4 lifepower no lcd batts having wrong info on dip switch settings in the manual ?

Yeah the RUN indicator is backwards. Have you ever had the ALARM blink red with solid RUN and blinking green stuck at first SOC?
I have 2 LifePower4 batteries now in that state: run solid on, alarm blinking and SOC blinking on first LED. Is there a solution to this? It seemed like the top battery was out of sync and discharging while the rest needed a charge. Do I leave them in the rack, turn them off and/or take them out? I know this thread was from a while back but maybe someone can help me. I contacted Customer Support but it's the weekend so I don't expect to hear back from them any time soon.

Attachments

• PXL_20230610_214050460.jpg
    PXL_20230610_214050460.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 12
Back