diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 Lifepower4 battery is ticking on start

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are very few issues that we aren't able to resolve in the field. I don't really intend to get into a back and forth with you, but I do know that you currently have a system being powered by our batteries. How are they doing? We still use the batteries that you originally said were broken in the tech bench to perform bench testing.

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get spoken to like you felt you deserved. I bet that happens a lot.

I don't know what was said, but you seem really tough so I'll hold my comment there.

And you're absolutely right on this one. I jumped the gun and responded based on info on the thread rather than what was happening in real time with our technician. I should have known better than to troubleshoot based on speculation on the forums rather than waiting on the real time data. I won't make that mistake again, thank you for enlightening me.

I hope you have a good weekend. We are off until Monday, so we will try not to trigger you between now and then.
There's more of that cute attitude. You guys just can't help it can you?

Why do I get the feeling the playground bullies are flexing their muscle on this forum? Very poor form which reflects poorly upon the company.

What's next, are you going to pull our arrest records and threaten to make them public? Signature Solar, it's up to you. Drop the attitude, fix what you can, or keep the attitude and keep loosing customers because that is exactly what is happening when you author posts such as these.

Signature Solar, due to the attitude and lackluster customer service, you have lost another customer.

1660345820446.png

@robby

Is that now the 9th Account that Signature Solar has on the Forum? There really should be a limit on how many official company sales people can be on the forum. Notice I did not say technician because IMHO there is not a single Tech working at Signature Solar.

BTW @Koldsimer you should Invite Ben out for a Beer so that you can hear more of what he has to say in person;)

Last edited:
Not trying to hijack this thread, just another unhappy customer. This is one of my posts on plug & play.
I found out today that there has been a firmware update for the eg4 batteries. I have been asking Signature Solar for 3 months for an update and they did not notify me, I found out about update on this forum just a few minutes ago. Signature Solar has the worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. The problems have been - 1. The 3 eg4 200 ah batteries would not start my inverter. 2. No help from SS on accessing the bms test program, had to figure it out on my own. 3. The batteries after having 60 cycles became very unequal in voltage. 4. After adjusting charge voltage per ss, the batteries show over charge alarm at 28.9 volts and per SS that alarm should not come on until 30 volts. I am a very unhappy customer and recommend anyone that is going to purchase lifep04 batteries do a lot of research before purchasing. Enjoy life George

5 KW solar, Bergy Wind Generator, old Trace SW4024 Inverter, 3 flexmax 80 charge controllers, 3 EG4 lifep04 batteries, Grundfos 3 SQF 2 well pump, 12 KW backup generator

Do I need a special plug to install the firmware update? Have a nice weekend. George

This is concerning. Maybe some of this complaining is a bit much, maybe not. Having multiple people say similar things is concerning. I have a eg4 on order so i could get on the waitlist and getting ready to order batteries. If I go thru with it I plan to buy the LL’s to hopefully avoid some problems. I’m not overly confident I’m making the best purchase currently. Should I have ordered a lv6548?
I went with the eg4 mostly because of the 500v Pv inputs.

This is concerning. Maybe some of this complaining is a bit much, maybe not. Having multiple people say similar things is concerning. I have a eg4 on order so i could get on the waitlist and getting ready to order batteries. If I go thru with it I plan to buy the LL’s to hopefully avoid some problems. I’m not overly confident I’m making the best purchase currently. Should I have ordered a lv6548?
I went with the eg4 mostly because of the 500v Pv inputs.
Just note that the EG4LL no longer has the circuit breaker on the front. I have no idea how it protects itself from a short circuit. Nobody from Signature Solar is addressing the change in the Battery.
As for the LV6548 all I can say is that Ian from Watts247 knows his stuff and is a professional.

There is no company called eFortress.
Do some research before you start to swing.
Correcting somebody from eFortress to "Fortress Power eFLEX" is exactly the kind of thing a corporate shill is kept around for.

And no, not too worried that I didn't memorize your favorite brand name.

Correcting somebody from eFortress to "Fortress Power eFLEX" is exactly the kind of thing a corporate shill is kept around for.

And no, not too worried that I didn't memorize your favorite brand name.
Great Battery with excellent customer support but it's not in the price range that 99% of the people on this forum want to spend so i would be wasting my time. Anyway you might have have had better luck calling me me a Sol-Ark Shill. That has been tried before James.

Great Battery with excellent customer support but it's not in the price range that 99% of the people on this forum want to spend so i would be wasting my time. Anyway you might have have had better luck calling me me a Sol-Ark Shill. That has been tried before James.

Hey little buddy, get FORKED.

I've shown up and called EG4 out plenty for failing to come up with BMS updates, failing to explain what the updates were, and overall unresponsiveness. Just because you apparently can't read the posts for some reason isn't an excuse to start some fucked up obsession with me just because I don't go along with everything you post.

EDIT: You don't even need to go to yesterday. My posts TODAY are calling the EG4 3000 inverter out for its' poor wiring specs, specifying 4AWG for 80A isn't a good thing.

Another EDIT!!! I edited out the bad word in order to be better citizen.

Last edited:
Hey little buddy, get fucked.

I've shown up and called EG4 out plenty for failing to come up with BMS updates, failing to explain what the updates were, and overall unresponsiveness. Just because you apparently can't read the posts for some reason isn't an excuse to start some fucked up obsession with me just because I don't go along with everything you post.

EDIT: You don't even need to go to yesterday. My posts TODAY are calling the EG4 3000 inverter out for its' poor wiring specs, specifying 4AWG for 80A isn't a good thing.
Not a good sign when you have to start using that kind of language.

Not a good sign when you have to start using that kind of language.
Leave me alone, JERK. No, I actually am not "James".

And your pearl clutching is transparent, act like a huge JERK for 50 posts and then suddenly get all shocked when somebody reacts.

Should we start addressing you as "James" also? Because it makes as much sense.

EDIT!!! I edited out the bad word in order to be better citizen.

Last edited:
Leave me alone, asshole. No, I actually am not "James".

And your pearl clutching is transparent, act like a huge asshole for 50 posts and then suddenly get all shocked when somebody reacts.

Should we start addressing you as "James" also? Because it makes as much sense.
As I said your not doing yourself a favor with the Language. They will Ban you very shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back