diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 Lifepower4 battery is ticking on start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you also try to make sure the inverter is turned off (in standby) when you attempt to plug the battery cables in? Does it have a hardware power switch or is it a 'soft' power switch?
I wonder does the reset need to be after the alarm is triggered? Ive tried what u have mentioned above, ill give it another try... Inverter has a hard power switch which is set to off.

While the EG4 may have a precharge system it certainly doesn't work on my inverters, dual stack of Magnums. I have to use a precharge or it won't light the system up.

Same problem no matter how i try to to reset or start up the system, battery just seems to tick tick tick inside but defaults to alarm. having to buy a windows computer to diagnose the BMS software sucks... :/

Same problem no matter how i try to to reset or start up the system, battery just seems to tick tick tick inside but defaults to alarm. having to buy a windows computer to diagnose the BMS software sucks... :/

Turn on the battery with no load attached (you had indicated it turns on fine with no connection onto it)... Then check the voltage on the main + and - terminals, what is the voltage? Maybe the battery is almost dead, and the inverter is pulling it down more and shutting itself off on a low voltage alarm? If it is too low, then attach a proper voltage battery charger to it and charge it up a bit first...

SOC claims 50%, last night when i turned it all off it was 40% nothing was connected to it overnight so should be more than enough - in theory.

Hey there. Sorry for the delay, I'm trying to get to all the @'s and PM's I get. Start up process: Turn on the batteries (Inverter is off). Give it about 5-10 seconds. Turn on inverters with the buttons on the front. Is this what you are doing?

yes, but the battery tick tick ticks and then reverts to alarm mode.

Yesterday was fine. This morning I plugged in the PV without anything on, but the PV input voltage turned on the inverter, then i quickly turned on the batteries, but when they turned on the battery went into alarm mode and its stuck there now. If i remove the load cables from the battery then the battetry starts up fine without any faults.

fwiw SOC is 2/4 lights yesterday it was 40%, 52.4V right now.

@RichardfromEG4 Ive managed to get a PC to hook up software to the device... Im getting this alarm state.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 6.35.25 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 6.35.25 PM (1).jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 49
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 6.35.25 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 6.35.25 PM.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 50
Without load connected i get this state...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 6.37.18 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-14 at 6.37.18 PM.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 33
@sten were you able to come up with a solution? I'm having the same issue I believe and just posted about it as I didn't find this one on the first couple searches. I have no load other than the inverter and it's throwing the batteries into warning mode.

@carefulmistake Im currently working with @RichardfromEG4 to come up with a solution. I would suggest you PM him so he has another reference of the issue.

Same setup as mine?

1 - eg4 6.5K inverter
1 - eg4 lifepower4 battery?

@sten same setup with battery and rack but inverter is the EG4 3k instead of the 6.5k. Same ticks. I've got three batteries and they all did the same thing at the same time. I also tried a single battery but got the same result. I did the manual reset that Will mentions in his video on my first attempt, basically followed his video on my first setup. edit to include @RichardfromEG4

@sten just a follow up, this was probably a different issue than what you have as I had a breaker between the rack and the inverter. In my case that needed to go on first and fixed the issue.

@sten just a follow up, this was probably a different issue than what you have as I had a breaker between the rack and the inverter. In my case that needed to go on first and fixed the issue

Can you show me a picture of your setup?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back