diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LifePower4 vs EG4-LL Lithium Battery

the recommendation is for max lifespan, it does 100A continuous as long as you have juice in the tank.
all lithium is benefited from discharge rates under 40% per hour
James

Besides the pre-charge resistor issues, is there any reason besides the LCD screen to use the v2 EG4LL? I'm leaning towards running the slightly higher priced units (e.g. v2 EG4LL or SOK) and using less of them (40-50kw) vs. going w/ a 60kw bank if they are problematic vs. the lifepower4's. As a business owner in the technology space I understand certain issues are highly complicated to reproduce (believe me, we lost over a quarter million in sales on on product in a few months where a re-design failed due to slightly different but similar components under very specific circumstances) but there definitely appears to be either a serious issue w/ the precharge resistor or the current capability on the lifepower4/eg4ll vs. the SOK from going through the posts here. I'd prefer to get more power w/ lifepower4/eg4ll vs. sok but I don't want to fuss with it once it's going and want the cell balancing to not fall apart after a few years. Any suggestions?

I think both will last 10+ years. Statistically (I’m a numbers guy) the chances of these failing due to a manufacturers defect after more than 5 years but less than 10 is pretty small. They will likely fall apart from age before they die due to a defect.
Screens are kind of notorious for failure.. I went the Lifepower4 route without screen because I'd rather have (theoretically) more robust electronics without a screen in the mix to die.

Warranty wise, 5 vs 10 years... who knows if Signature Solar is still going to be around in that time? Hopefully they will, but I wouldn't necessarily put a lot of faith/value in having a warranty honored 9 years down the road.

Screens are kind of notorious for failure.. I went the Lifepower4 route without screen because I'd rather have (theoretically) more robust electronics without a screen in the mix to die.

Warranty wise, 5 vs 10 years... who knows if Signature Solar is still going to be around in that time? Hopefully they will, but I wouldn't necessarily put a lot of faith/value in having a warranty honored 9 years down the road.
Keep in mind it's a pro-rated warranty with EG4. SOK has a full ten year warranty. One of many reasons i just bought 5 more SOK 48v batteries.

Back