diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 light bar showing faint red

I had the same faint light bar issue running two 6500s in split phase. The inverter running in 2p1 never had a functioning led light bar. 2p2 always worked. Not a huge deal but it is nice to just look at the inverters and tell what mode is running.
I am not sure how you figured out to switch the inverter to SIG and back to 2p1 but I am glad you did. I did this tonight and the light bar finally works for both inverters.
Thank you

I had the same faint light bar issue running two 6500s in split phase. The inverter running in 2p1 never had a functioning led light bar. 2p2 always worked. Not a huge deal but it is nice to just look at the inverters and tell what mode is running.
I am not sure how you figured out to switch the inverter to SIG and back to 2p1 but I am glad you did. I did this tonight and the light bar finally works for both inverters.
Thank you
Just a shot in the dark based on something @rcf130 said.

@mountkay try this on yours and see if it works.

@NVCYberPro if yours still isn’t working, I wonder if you could try switching it to 2P1, reboot, then back to SIG?

Keep in mind that your inverter won’t like being in 2P1 mode by itself, so it will try to turn off (due to no parallel communication). You would have to have AC in to keep your inverter in “standby mode” in order to make the change without the inverter being “on” (or have PV coming in).

Hope that makes sense.

@NVCYberPro if yours still isn’t working, I wonder if you could try switching it to 2P1, reboot, then back to SIG?

Keep in mind that your inverter won’t like being in 2P1 mode by itself, so it will try to turn off (due to no parallel communication). You would have to have AC in to keep your inverter in “standby mode” in order to make the change without the inverter being “on” (or have PV coming in).

Hope that makes sense.
Well my light bar is on and I can turn it on and off without issue at the moment. I had previously turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. One day when I totally shut down and restarted the system it came back on and has been working since. I had made a lot of settings changes in between those times troubleshooting with SS, maybe one of those changes had the same effect as his SIG / 2P1 setting and blocked the light bar? I do not know.

I also haven't experienced light flickering lately, my replacement 6500 should arrive today so hopefully this will resolve my charge controller issues.

Side note: Does anyone know how to turn off the wifi radio, remove or disable it? I didn't realize it was putting out wifi radio waves, somehow I missed that and I thought the wifi module was extra, I must have got this mixed up with another brand.

Well my light bar is on and I can turn it on and off without issue at the moment.
Good deal. Guess I must have overlooked that comment yesterday when I was trying to quickly see who else had the issue.

Side note: Does anyone know how to turn off the wifi radio, remove or disable it? I didn't realize it was putting out wifi radio waves, somehow I missed that and I thought the wifi module was extra, I must have got this mixed up with another brand.
These have built in wifi. I don’t know if you can turn it off, at least I don’t remember seeing any setting for it.

Side note: Does anyone know how to turn off the wifi radio, remove or disable it? I didn't realize it was putting out wifi radio waves, somehow I missed that and I thought the wifi module was extra
It is only connected with 4 pins, so you might be able to remove it. What happens after that ??? Please let us know :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_103415667_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220809_103415667_HDR.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 7
Well I shut my 2p1 inverter down and now I’m stuck with the red bar again.. can’t even get it to a scrolling white bar in SIG.. both light bars had been working for a month. Back to the drawing board.

I actually got one working when I shut them down to clean the dust screens (only one was set to setting 51 LEN). Then I set the other one to setting 51 LEN. It started working when I shut the inverters down to add more batteries to my battery bank. I did just as reccomended. Leave setting 51 on Enable (LEN) and then reboot the inverters.

I run a single 6500 with a 3.6kw solar array and no batteries. Most times I've seen the faint red bar is when it's in solar only mode and there's an overload and it shuts down. Toggling the inverter on off button doesn't fix the red light,even tho the inverter starts back up.

About the only thing that's worked for me is to turn the grid back on, turn off the solar, then turn off the grid which completely shuts down the inverter. I then switch on the solar, the inverter starts up and usually the LED bar starts working correctly. This sequence usually works, but sometimes it has to be repeated.

It's like it gets stuck in some kind of condition where it won't easily reset sometimes.

Back