diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 light bar showing faint red

Those LED strips have power and serial data sent to them and a tiny micro controller does the magic.
Very easy to swap the LED bar if you want to.

Yes, I’ll try to do those things. Re-flashing is probably a good idea.

Signature Solar said as long as it’s a cosmetic issue it’s not affecting the way the inverter works so it won’t be covered under warranty. They gave me a $50 credit.
I've dealt with the issue a few times. Here's what has fixed the issue in the past: Disable the LED light bar in setting 51 by selecting "LDS". Once this is done, completely restart your system and the light should be off. If you would like the light to come back on, just navigate back to the setting and select "LEN". (You might need to restart the system again).

Last edited:
I've dealt with the issue a few times. Here's what has fixed the issue in the past: Disable the LED light bar in setting 51 by selecting "LDS". Once this is done, completely restart your system and the light should be off. If you would like the light to come back on, just navigate back to the setting and select "LEN". (You might need to restart the system again).
Cool, I’ll give it a try and report back.

Nope, didn’t work for me. Red light stayed on after setting to LDS.. Picture taken after restart..

Attachments

• 656E5716-5725-4564-A2FA-766D8B019789.jpeg
    656E5716-5725-4564-A2FA-766D8B019789.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 8
@SignatureSolarPeyton, Any other suggestions?

Only time I've seen the red is when there's an error.
Agree. Mine were ordered 2/2023. When they go red, there's an error. Mine scream (alarm) and produce an error code.

On a linked system (240V) when updating firmware, one will fault. You have to completely shut down to get them to start back up again and get out of that fault mode (at least as far as I know). That means powering down AC, DC, and solar to get them off.

Note there are two different "paths" of firmware - mobile and non-mobile.

I think a red light indicating a fault is not "cosmetic" - Sorry SS disagrees.

Yes, I’ll try to do those things. Re-flashing is probably a good idea.

Signature Solar said as long as it’s a cosmetic issue it’s not affecting the way the inverter works so it won’t be covered under warranty. They gave me a $50 credit.
I had also turned off my LED bar and had the same faint red glow. When I tried to turn the LED light bar back on, it didn't work, I wasn't really concerned about it as I didn't see any real value in it.

One day I totally shut down my unit, disconnecting it from PV, Generator and Battery, when I turned it back on then the LED light bar worked. I would imagine if I turned it off again I would see a faint red glow. (Have you shut down the unit and restarted?)

I also have the alarm turned off so as to not hear the annoying beep on every button push. Although I can't hear it any more my wife says she can faintly hear the alarm beep when our batteries go below 30% charge.

Other oddities I have noticed is that if I change from EG4 to USE or USE to EG4 - I have to exit the menu and go back in before it takes effect and I can adjust other settings.

I file these as 'undocumented features' :)

I'm still running mine in USE mode (sorting out other issues before dealing with EG-4 LL v2). No codes shown, right?

I'm still running mine in USE mode (sorting out other issues before dealing with EG-4 LL v2). No codes shown, right?
Nope, no codes.

@NVCYberPro - tried resetting. Still have red bar. I want to say I’ve had the light bar working if it was in use mode and single phase. So I know it “worked” at some point. But it doesn’t like split phase.

Nope, no codes.

@NVCYberPro - tried resetting. Still have red bar. I want to say I’ve had the light bar working if it was in use mode and single phase. So I know it “worked” at some point. But it doesn’t like split phase.
I only have one inverter so I can't test the light bar in split phase, I wouldn't doubt it is another 'undocumented feature'. :(

Nope, no codes.

That would actually be interesting to test. If you "break" the split phase connection and drop back into SIG for option 28 (then power cycle the inverters) does it start working again?

Back