diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL 24V 200AH + Growatt 24V SPF 3000TL LVM?

Claygraffix

Is anyone running this combo? I have 2 12v 100AH batteries that are powering the Growatt fine. I just need more storage. So I purchased a EG4-LL Lithium Battery | 24V 200AH | Server Rack Battery from Signature Solar.

The battery has power and I see the LCD screen. It's at 52% SOC. Upon plugging it into the Growatt, it's never getting power to the unit so the Growatt just stays dark. I plugged my old batteries back in just to make sure I didn't screw something up in the initial transfer, but everything i fine.

Occasionally my old batteries would shut off when I was using too much power, and I'd have to jump them with a charger to "wake them up". Could that be the case with the EG4? I assumed that if I see the LCD, and it has power it should just work. I saw 26v on the battery with a cheap voltmeter and the LCD I believe read 26.3.

Anyone running this successfully? I'm hoping this works out, thanks all.

I sure do hope the 2 12v batteries are in series and the Growatt unit you are referring to is a 24v version??

Yes, to both. Title says 24v, and I didn't specify the working batteries were in series. Assumed it was obvious :)

The new battery is a single 24v.

Yes, to both. Title says 24v, and I didn't specify the working batteries were in series. Assumed it was obvious :)
Sorry I saw just the body and not the title. Long day!

Not very well versed on the rack mounts, but if you are seeing 26v and 52% SOC it should fire up the invertor just fine. Could you not just hook up the new 24v again and apply the charger to see if the Growatt fires up? The Growatts do not need much power from the battery to fire up, wonder if with a load, the battery is a lot lower than it is reporting.

That's my next step, but my charger is only 12v. Anytime my system went down previously I had to do jump the batteries separately, only for a few seconds. This LCD screen having power just made me assume I wouldn't need to jump it. I've got an email out to their support, will see what they say.

That's my next step, but my charger is only 12v. Anytime my system went down previously I had to do jump the batteries separately, only for a few seconds. This LCD screen having power just made me assume I wouldn't need to jump it. I've got an email out to their support, will see what they say.
Got it. You could also jump it from your two 12v in series batteries for testing. In leu of a 24v charger.

Got it. You could also jump it from your two 12v in series batteries for testing. In leu of a 24v charger.
Awesome, I’ll try that. Didn’t know if that would work. Heading out of town, will report back! Thanks for the suggestion.

Awesome, I’ll try that. Didn’t know if that would work. Heading out of town, will report back! Thanks for the suggestion.
Only caution is if they are that far apart, could spark. Not too dissimilar than jumping car.

I do hope you are using a charge resister each time you connect to the Growatt.

Success! After watching a random video by Signature Solar on youtube, about proper startup, I was able to get it working. I am pretty sure I did it the way described in the video a number of times. Regardless, we are up and running!

Back