diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LL 48V V2 - no lights and no screen

You can find the firmware update for the 6000EX and the 6500EX on the eg4electronics.com site. However, before running the firmware update, it would be a good idea to double check your dipswitch settings. If they aren't exactly right you will get error 61. The firmware for the 6000EX is for intermittent error 61. If it is static, it is not a firmware issue. A lot of times people just have the comms cable backwards.

Take these steps for your 6000EX for 61 fix before firmware update.

1. Ensure that the host battery has the correct dip switch setting. If you have to change this setting, power cycle the battery. (Lifepower4 = down, down, down, down / EG4-LL = down, down, down, up)
  2. All other batteries must have non-matching dip switch settings.
  3. Use the provided communications cable to connect the host battery to the host inverter. Pins 1& 2 go to the battery and pins 3 & 5 go to the inverter. Then use the short patch communications cable to interconnect the remaining batteries.
  4. Set the host inverter program setting 14 to EG4. If there are slave inverters, set them to USE.
  5. Go back to the main display screen. It may take a minute for the system to recognize the change. If the status does not change, Reset the system.
So...the cable sent was labeled backwards. The eg4 label is attached to.the battery side. Managed to figuere out the dip switches with BMS Tools and have main battery on address #1. And second battery on address #2. Did the firmware update also. 3 days now without error 61. Thank you Ben. On another note I have a ticket currently on tier 2. When on sbu mode Im seeing 80watts drawn from the utility when there is no solar and working with the batteries.

Glad to hear you were able to do the firmware update, and that error 61 is gone. I will do the firmware update this next week.

So...the cable sent was labeled backwards. The eg4 label is attached to.the battery side. Managed to figuere out the dip switches with BMS Tools and have main battery on address #1. And second battery on address #2. Did the firmware update also. 3 days now without error 61. Thank you Ben. On another note I have a ticket currently on tier 2. When on sbu mode Im seeing 80watts drawn from the utility when there is no solar and working with the batteries.
I'm also having the same issue; consuming power from the grid in SBU mode (only 53 watts for me) on fully charged batteries when there is no solar. Would love to knew what the response is from tier 2 when you hear back!

I'm also having the same issue; consuming power from the grid in SBU mode (only 53 watts for me) on fully charged batteries when there is no solar. Would love to knew what the response is from tier 2 when you hear back!
Well, they asked me for a whole lot of pictures and different scenarios. So its going to take me a couple of days.

Back