diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Megarevo 8KW Hybrid Inverter Generator Input

defelker

I recently installed an EG4 \ Megarevo 8KW hybrid inverter for an off grid customer. There doesn't seem to be any setting for the generator and it won't charge the batteries. I contacted Signature Solar and they claim there are settings for the generator in the inverter settings menu. There's none in the manual, and I'm not onsite to confirm that 100%. Is there anyone that has this inverter that could verify if there are settings for the generator in the menu? Maybe even someone that can verify that the generator input actually works.

Is it an EG4 or Megarevo?
The firmware is probably different from one to the other. Find and download the correct manual.

I believe that is the 8/3 firmware and generator was 8/23
Signature Solar told me there was not a newer firmware upgrade available. My best guess is that the EG4 firmware and the Megarevo are identical, or at least interchangeable. Thanks for checking the firmware information.

well we developed the software in our shop for 6 months with them but sure, it's just a label...
Bro you guys are just a distributor of Chinese products that anyone can purchase on alibaba and made in china. Your batteries are made by zetara power, your 3kw inverter and your 48v mppt is made by blue sun and the of your inverters are made by azimuth.

You do nothing special. I’ve seen your first purchases from zetara power for your batteries that you had shipped sea fright to your own name.

Anyone can contact these companies and purchase for 60 percent cheaper. all the companies will do custom graphics/ labels for a purchase of 50 or more and custom coding for larger purchases. Your eg4 software is the exact same as all the rest with a just a simple packet code for identification difference.

Don’t act like you guys actually write code and manufacture anything.

I give it to you thought. You built a profitable business by just sitting on your phone/computer and ordering stuff from china. Getting it shipped to you and reselling it.

The same thing Renogy does. They get their stuff from SRNE, Pylontech, ext.,

Aims power from gets all there inverters from Yiyen power.

Anyone can search sea fright and see James getting his first battery shipment in his own name. That was until he then got it shipped to his business name Sig Solar. I just don’t get why you act like EG4 is a different company. I haven’t checked in a while but have you realized the way you’re suppose to do it is get a shipping forwarder in china so people can’t track her you get your products?

Bro you guys are just a distributor of Chinese products that anyone can purchase on alibaba and made in china. Your batteries are made by zetara power, your 3kw inverter and your 48v mppt is made by blue sun and the of your inverters are made by azimuth.

You do nothing special. I’ve seen your first purchases from zetara power for your batteries that you had shipped sea fright to your own name.

Anyone can contact these companies and purchase for 60 percent cheaper. all the companies will do custom graphics/ labels for a purchase of 50 or more and custom coding for larger purchases. Your eg4 software is the exact same as all the rest with a just a simple packet code for identification difference.

Don’t act like you guys actually write code and manufacture anything.

I give it to you thought. You built a profitable business by just sitting on your phone/computer and ordering stuff from china. Getting it shipped to you and reselling it.

The same thing Renogy does. They get their stuff from SRNE, Pylontech, ext.,

Aims power from gets all there inverters from Yiyen power.

Anyone can search sea fright and see James getting his first battery shipment in his own name. That was until he then got it shipped to his business name Sig Solar. I just don’t get why you act like EG4 is a different company. I haven’t checked in a while but have you realized the way you’re suppose to do it is get a shipping forwarder in china so people can’t track her you get your products?

Hello. 80 % of this is false; we havent even paid most of the names ever.. there is no doubt we import though. go ahead and guess why firmware maintenance here is a full-time job though.

You can come to our lab here and tell 50 technicians and engineers they do nothing special if you would like.

Alibaba is as Alibaba does though...

EG4 is different legally and is entering other distribution. we are not trying to hog all the business for Signature Solar

Hello. 80 % of this is false; we havent even paid most of the names ever.. there is no doubt we import though. go ahead and guess why firmware maintenance here is a full-time job though.
You can come to our lab here and tell 50 technicians and engineers they do nothing special if you would like.
So you have 50 people working full time on firmware and there has been no release since october 2022 ?

I don't really care who creates/updates firmware, tbh. I almost feel like the community could really add some good feedback if it was a more transparent process, however. Firmware number is useless, and there is no official change log that I've found. Also, some newer versions with generator seem to have broken parallel max output, for example. And luckily, I don't have to deal with grid-tie issues.

I don't really care who creates/updates firmware, tbh. I almost feel like the community could really add some good feedback if it was a more transparent process, however. Firmware number is useless, and there is no official change log that I've found. Also, some newer versions with generator seem to have broken parallel max output, for example. And luckily, I don't have to deal with grid-tie issues.
I agree. I am pretty sure SS does not have access to the source code, even though they suggest so. Pretty sure all software development is in .CN. SS basically makes suggestions of what needs to be changed/altered and the request is send to MR and they received personalized firmware updates.

Last edited:
go ahead and guess why firmware maintenance here is a full-time job though.
What would be immensely useful to your customers is a change log associated with that software/firmware development process. Can you provide a timeline for this or indicate that it's not something that you guys are willing to do? We have independent efforts here to try to "guess" at firmware changes.

I asked if firmware could be loaded pre-shipping on a recent order and I was told "no" that receiving is completely separate from sale/tech support - they go out the door however they go out the door. I tried to get a handle on the current status of N/G bonds on newer inverters - couldn't get that either. Let me know if this is correct.

I get growing pains and do appreciate that you reply to customers here, but be transparent about what's going on and associated limitations.

Last edited:
In the IT industry we have had FW change logs for over 40 years...about time the solar industry catches up.
Helps avoid updating to a new version if it only fixes something you do not use.

In the IT industry we have had FW change logs for over 40 years...about time the solar industry catches up.
Helps avoid updating to a new version if it only fixes something you do not use.
I can't imagine a company that deals with firmware changes that does not have a changelog. That simply makes no sense. It's not a problem with the "industry" - it's a problem in this case for reasons not disclosed. Maybe it's a change they'll make? It's HIGHLY confusing when they are shipping products with undisclosed hardware changes (such as bond screws) and multiple firmware versions depending on use case, not referenced in the manual. They are doing a good job with YouTube videos, but that stuff has to be found through you guys.

I have a Frontius inverter, quick search shows firmware changelogs. Hell, they can push them to my inverter remotely. But these inverters cost a lot more.

1681312696215.png

Back