diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Megarevo 8KW Hybrid Inverter Generator Input

I recently installed an EG4 \ Megarevo 8KW hybrid inverter for an off grid customer. There doesn't seem to be any setting for the generator and it won't charge the batteries. I contacted Signature Solar and they claim there are settings for the generator in the inverter settings menu. There's none in the manual, and I'm not onsite to confirm that 100%. Is there anyone that has this inverter that could verify if there are settings for the generator in the menu? Maybe even someone that can verify that the generator input actually works.

Attachments

• 0DA7D818-CB05-48DF-AB8C-59DCB5A7F244.png
    0DA7D818-CB05-48DF-AB8C-59DCB5A7F244.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 24
I can't imagine a company that deals with firmware changes that does not have a changelog. That simply makes no sense. It's not a problem with the "industry" - it's a problem in this case for reasons not disclosed. Maybe it's a change they'll make? It's HIGHLY confusing when they are shipping products with undisclosed hardware changes (such as bond screws) and multiple firmware versions depending on use case, not referenced in the manual. They are doing a good job with YouTube videos, but that stuff has to be found through you guys.

I have a Frontius inverter, quick search shows firmware changelogs. Hell, they can push them to my inverter remotely. But these inverters cost a lot more.

View attachment 144362
You are being heard. It’s coming soon. Just remember we are not fronious we do not make our own inverters in house. We do not make our own firmware in house. We test the firmware sent to us to fix issues customers are having. This is a long process and a lot of firmware doesn’t make it to the customer because of it failed in testing.

Last edited:
Hello. 80 % of this is false; we havent even paid most of the names ever.. there is no doubt we import though. go ahead and guess why firmware maintenance here is a full-time job though.

You can come to our lab here and tell 50 technicians and engineers they do nothing special if you would like.

Alibaba is as Alibaba does though...

EG4 is different legally and is entering other distribution. we are not trying to hog all the business for Signature Solar
I
Hello. 80 % of this is false; we havent even paid most of the names ever.. there is no doubt we import though. go ahead and guess why firmware maintenance here is a full-time job though.

You can come to our lab here and tell 50 technicians and engineers they do nothing special if you would like.

Alibaba is as Alibaba does though...

EG4 is different legally and is entering other distribution. we are not trying to hog all the business for Signature Solar

I've recently done the latest firmware update for the generator auto-start function and the menu now shows the generator option on my megarevo 8kw inverter. The problem I'm having is the function uses the battery state of charge to operate the generator but my SOC is showing 0% and S0H is 100%. I'm using 250Ah Agm batteries. The inverter doesn't seem to be calculating the SOC of the batteries. I don't have a BMS but I thought that was for Lithium Batteries only. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting the SOC to calculate?

If any of you have had any success in getting Megarevo's assistance in working out the non-working Zero Export capability please refer me to your contact there. I have tried all firmware version and all allowable combinations that are supposed to enable the zero export capability, but none of them works. The latest one has been running for the past week in advanced mode, but still it has exported to the grid over 8kwh. I contacted Megarevo's technical assistance last week, and about a day later got a WhatsApp message from them asking for the wifi dongle serial number. I replied a few hours later, giving Megarevo all information requested and even presenting photos and graphical data of the grid feedback.

Succinctly put, Megarevo never followed up on my request for help. This past Monday I got a call from a "Sales Director" from Megarevo named "Lavier" that happened to be in Puerto Rico looking for business opportunities. He said that he had received my lead from the technical line personnel. We met for close to 3 hours, and I shared much information on the Puerto Rico market. Ha represented that the techincal assistance personnel was working on the situation I presented. Since no response from the technical personnel was received, I contacted the "Sales Director" and he pointed out that he would follow up on them.

Earlier today, I sent the technical personnel a message that went unanswered and then contacted the "Sales Director". To my surprise, he advised that Megarevo would not honor the warranty of their manufactured inverters if they had not been purchased directly from them. In response to the exporting issue, he advised that whoever does not want to export to the grid should purchase an off-grid inverter. He went on and pointed out that Megarevo is certified by the local utility company, and then I advised that I would inform the local utility and the local Energy Commission of Megarevo's refusal to support their manufactured products on a clearly warrantied issue, and that Megarevo's refusal to warrant its products could result in their decertification. I advised that under the products liability laws all entities involved in the distribution chain from the manufacturer down was liable for the warranty, yet the "Sales Director" reiterated Megarevo's stance and refused to text with me anymore as he claimed that I was "scaring" him.

This is a most unfortunate situation, as until today, and excepting the non-working zero export function, I could only say good things about this inverter. I have been testing it under loads exceeding 8kw, even subjecting it to unbalanced inductive loads and it has performed better than expected.

Unless Megarevo comes clean, I will proceed and distribute inverters from manufacturers that are responsible and back their products. Too bad, since they were coming up with a split phase low voltage 12kw unit in September -at least that is what the "Sales Director" informed during our lengthy meeting-.

Help: If I don't want it to ever charge the batteries from the grid, what should I put in a 48V megarevo? ( set up)

Back