diy solar

diy solar

EG4 new AIO rated 12K output and 18kPV aka "EG4-18Kpv-12LV"

I wonder if ian hired staff and is running his own severs for the remote settings and management that signature solar is doing. If not, it will be Chinese servers I'm guessing. Or just direct with luxpower. I don't know though. I need to text him
I contacted Current Connected sense they also offer the KPV and asked if I'd need to work with SS with warranty and he told me no, that they would stand by the warranty and help the customer them selves. But haven't seen any price break there yet.

Btw, why is no one talking about the fact that you can now buy a solark "15k" for $7000. The price wars have already started and we get to benefit from it
Someday, the deye agreement will drop due to competition price wars. It is nuts that a non price competition agreement like that existed…
Exact same equipment, but disallowing sales competition in the us, to preserve high profit margin…

Someday, the deye agreement will drop due to competition price wars. It is nuts that a non price competition agreement like that existed…
Exact same equipment, but disallowing sales competition in the us, to preserve high profit margin…
The American way

1050 cheaper
Nope! (As of June 3rd)
Signature Solar Price $5,599
Watts247 Price $4,049

Difference is a $1550.00 Savings.
If you need the 200 Amp breaker then it's a $100 more on the Watts247 Price.

No doubt but by then most well run companies have grown themselves into huge companies and deal more in volume.
They will also typically be doing R&D on future new products that are exclusive to them.
Another big factor is that almost everyone is relocating or thinking of relocating their manufacturing out of China.
https://www.freightcaviar.com/inside-apples-samsungs-supply-chain-shift/

Another big factor is that almost everyone is relocating or thinking of relocating their manufacturing out of China.
This can only be a good thing. Maybe not as cheap, but I'm sick of offshored cheap crap and try to buy USA whenever I can.

The Federal Trade Commission might have something to say about it if such an agreement exists. Maybe they are banking the profit for the expected fine should one be incurred.

I don't particularly wish to have China connected to my phone line, so it would be nice to know when deciding who to buy from how their set up with the server that you will be connected to.

Nope! (As of June 3rd)
Signature Solar Price $5,599
Watts247 Price $4,049

Difference is a $1550.00 Savings.
If you need the 200 Amp breaker then it's a $100 more on the Watts247 Price.
Watts247 has the eg4 18kpv for $5099

There is the EG4 unit on there that you would be correct about but there is another version that is $1500 cheaper with this description:
This is the exact same unit as the EG4 18KPV model, excepting for the internal Battery Breaker, and 200A AC Input breaker, but at a lower cost. (Smaller connection box)

An external 200A battery breaker is available on our web for less than $100, the 200A breakers would usually be installed in the breaker panel anyway
You need 275A

Anlso you need AC 200A breakers

I don't particularly wish to have China connected to my phone line, so it would be nice to know when deciding who to buy from how their set up with the server that you will be connected to.
It's going through China, that was discussed early on in the thread.
There is not much a Distributor can do about that. The manufacturer want's the Data to further improve the product.
You can just wait until Solar Assistant is compatible with it and then use that for daily monitoring and graphing.

The Federal Trade Commission might have something to say about it if such an agreement exists. Maybe they are banking the profit for the expected fine should one be incurred.
FTC has no jurisdiction on a Chinese company if they don't sell in the USA. Also, nothing prevents a company from contracting with someone to produce X with the requirement that they don't sell X to anyone else. I don't see Apple's manufacturers selling compatible iPhones.

Looks like $0 sales tax and $180 shipping to VA. ?. That’s another $300 less than SS. Need to confirm the no tax.
I don’t know about VA, but Minnesota solar equipment is sales tax free. Some vendors require proof and there’s a form that you fill out and send to them.

I don’t know about VA, but Minnesota solar equipment is sales tax free. Some vendors require proof and there’s a form that you fill out and send to them.
I notice no tax to OH. and last yr SS was not collecting tax to OH but they are now. Pay Pal keeps record to share with IRS on demand.

It's going through China, that was discussed early on in the thread.
There is not much a Distributor can do about that. The manufacturer want's the Data to further improve the product.
You can just wait until Solar Assistant is compatible with it and then use that for daily monitoring and graphing.
Thanks for that info, did not look for it. But the server would not need connected all the time right?, just when your updating or there is a problem I'm assuming.

Thanks for that info, did not look for it. But the server would not need connected all the time right?, just when your updating or there is a problem I'm assuming.
I don’t own one but that is the way it typically works.
Updates are going to be very important with firmware this new.

Back