diy solar

diy solar

EG4 UL Listed Battery

Solar Guy Richard

Solar Addict
EG4 Electronics is excited to announce that it has received it’s first fully UL listed battery - the EG4 Lifepower4 48V 100AH rack style battery! This unit is highly regarded as one of the top quality batteries on the market, and previously only the cells themselves were UL listed, which meant a lot of people were unable to use them in their system if it required every component to be UL listed.

This UL listing is for the entire unit - and it’s important to note that we were required to implement no changes to our current units to achieve this listing and so the same model number is used on the UL sheet that we have always used. We have been working behind the scenes for a while now to get this listing for the entire battery as a full unit after the feedback we have received on the forums and directly through our conversations with the DIY community as a whole.

We think this is a great first step forward and are also working on obtaining UL Listed status on other products on our line sheet. This includes the rest of the batteries (this is just the first to be fully listed, more will come!), and our inverter line that we have recently been rolling out. I look forward to any comments and as always, thank you all for the feedback that you provide.

Attachments

• 1511006-ul.pdf
    657.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
How often do batches need to be recertified? Or is the certification applicable to the manufacturing facility as well?

Sweet! I'm looking to get 4 batteries by the end of the year. I hope you guys still have the free rack promotion then.
I'm building a 500 sq ft casita and need to figure out all the finances after the casita is finished in a couple of months. My goal is to have the entire casita off grid and on solar power. I plan to be running a bunch of extension cords from the main house to the casita until the solar panels and batteries are in place.

every year
And it is not cheap to keep the certificate active, any critical parts you change you will have to submit to UL for approval and may need to be retested. UL will also send out inspector for surprise factory visit to take the unit from stock for inspection. I dealt with UL for a long long time, they make lots of money.

Back