diy solar

diy solar

EG4-WP

Bluedog225

Texas
Does anyone have experience with the EG4-WP (water proof)? Inverter or communication issues specifically.

I may try some cooling options (water loop cooler or root cellar) that have the potential to be somewhat damp. And it is possible one will do a trip or two as a trolling motor.

I wanted to check in before I dropped the cash on several of these.

Thanks

Thanks Richard. In terms of day to day, does that present any issues I should be concerned about.

I generally recall that comms are icing on the cake but not essential. But in real life, you would know more about whether they are needed.

I‘d appreciate your thougths.

Thanks Richard. In terms of day to day, does that present any issues I should be concerned about.

I generally recall that comms are icing on the cake but not essential. But in real life, you would know more about whether they are needed.

I‘d appreciate your thougths.
No problem. Shouldn't affect day to day operations - you can still set voltage parameters in the inverter. Just no closed loop comms.

No problem. Shouldn't affect day to day operations - you can still set voltage parameters in the inverter. Just no closed loop comms.
Hello, trying not to create another thread for this question.
So on your website you have this inverter with model# 1000MTLP-US.
Two questions:
1. Is this a strictly grid tie inverter? (Will it work without any input from the grid?)
2. It say AC Output is 240V, Could it output 120V as well, or do you need a transformer for that?

1. It is strictly grid-tie. Uses a smart meter to export power to the grid etc. Will NOT work without the grid.
2. It does 240 out because it's designed to be connected to the grid in order to operate. It will NOT work off grid or with a transformer to generate 120 separately from being grid tied.

Back