diy solar

diy solar

EGO POWER+ Nexus Portable Power Station (3000W)

cleanpower

Has anyone purchased or had experience with the EGO Power+ Power Station? They have them at HomeDepot for a good price. It seems like a better alternative for my application than using and expensive APC Smart-UPS Li-Ion, 1500VA, 120V Model# SMTL1500RM3UC UPS system. Also wonder if anyone knows of a portable A/C transfer switch. So that when A/C power stops from like a gas generator A/C outputs, it can Switch to an external Solar Power Generator like the Nexus Power+ 3000 or Goal Zero Yeti 1400. Only looking for portabl A/C line transfer switch. The whole power system would be carted around in a Truck or an RV depending.

Attachments

• EGO_Nexus_Power+_3000watt_Solar_Power_Station.jpg
    EGO_Nexus_Power+_3000watt_Solar_Power_Station.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 12
Thanks for quick response, that is a good observation you made. However the Unit Price does includes 4 batteries so it's 56V x 7.5A = 420 watts x 4 batteries = 1680 watts. However you're correct it doesn't say anything about being able to take input from solar panels through some dedicated input connector. So unless you can recreate the equivalent 56V input with some kind of solar power charge controller and use the same connector that's used by the supplied battery charger, it's not going to happen. That's a good point. I wanted a power station that could be charged by solar panels. That's why I got the Yeti 1400. Oh well.

The Home Depot link says only 2 batteries included
$350 for extra battery packs.

56V 3000-Watt Nexus Power Station Portable Generator, Two 7.5 Ah Batteries Included
$1,197

Here is the Home Depot add I was referring too.

Attachments

• EGO_Nexus_Power+_3000watt_Solar_Power_Station_2.jpg
    EGO_Nexus_Power+_3000watt_Solar_Power_Station_2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20
There is 3 versions they sell of the nexus, tool only, tool and 2 7.5 batteries and tool and 4 batteries.

I bought the ego nexus that came with 2x7.5 amp batteries for $970 After tax. If you use a veterans dicount at “lowes” takes 10% off. It works well. I needed a new lawn mower but also wanted a solar charged station. The ego lawn mower came with a 7.5 battery so it seemed like a good idea or at least justified getting the nexus to use too. They also sell a back pack blower that comes with a 7.5 amp battery for only $375. When its on sale. And that only $25 more than the battery is by itself.

Back