diy solar

diy solar

Either battery is messed up or my scc settings are messed up.

I see that the BMS of Daly you used should have balance function. You can conduct discharge test. If the capacity can be released enough for 200ah before the protection of BMS, it means that the battery is balanced.

So I have changed the settings on my scc but my battery still wont pass 13.8v I have been watching it for the past hour or so and it's drawing from something. I am not sure what it would be drawing from as the battery is disconnected from the main positive. The only thing connected is the scc. On the mt50 it's displaying the battery full and happy at 13.8v I'm not sure what's going on

13.8 with no sun/charge is perfectly normal! on the MT-50 you can scroll through and see the max and min voltage for the day.

So I have been following along and not sure of the conclusion here. The original parameters, suggested by Sojourner1 were:

OV Disc 14.4
Charge limit 14.2

OV Rec ?? (Don't know what rec is, "reconnect"?)
Equal charge 14.2 (need to set time to zero, no equalization with lfp)
Boost charge 14.2
Float 13.5 or 13.6
Boost rec ?? (Don't know what rec is, "reconnect"?)
Low volt rec??(Don't know what rec is, "reconnect"?)
Under volt rec 12.2
Under volt warn 12.1
Low volt Disc 12.0
Discharge limit 12.0
Equalize time zero
Boost time ?? Not sure how this equipment works.

G
eneral consensus was that these are "close"

What would you change to make it better?

I have tried setting it to 00 but it comes up as a parameter error
Maybe instead of setting your SCC thru the MT50, hookup a computer to it and set it up that way. IIRC there are settings you can make using a computer, that you can't make with a MT50. It may have been in one of Adam Welsh's YouTube videos.

Back