diy solar

diy solar

Emacipate yourself from goalzero

P-Tron

Hello guys new member here, glad to join the community. I'd like to ask you guys for alternatives to the yeti1400 I currently have. For example a similar inverter, battery etc that could match and exceed my current set up. I currently run the yeti1400 with the goal zero mppt and a boulder 200 and a boulder 100 together they bring In about 210w-230w at best in full light. This is not satisfactory to me and want to design a new system with the help of all of you. Need I mention my decision to get away from goal zero. Well, you are limited to what they offer. The native charging ports on my yeti1400 stopped working and stopped indicating charger so I contacted goalzero. To put it short they won't refund me since my unit is only three months old, I explained that it runs my home and it's a vital piece of equipment for my comfort. To put it short they are being less than reasonable about it, did I mention this is my third yeti? Regardless they could give a f about vanlife and our issues. So to begin my new system I have a victron 100/30 I'd like to use. Id appreciate your designs/suggestions. Let's watch my new set up come to life.
Thanks✌

Hello guys new member here, glad to join the community. I'd like to ask you guys for alternatives to the yeti1400 I currently have. For example a similar inverter, battery etc that could match and exceed my current set up. I currently run the yeti1400 with the goal zero mppt and a boulder 200 and a boulder 100 together they bring In about 210w-230w at best in full light. This is not satisfactory to me and want to design a new system with the help of all of you. Need I mention my decision to get away from goal zero. Well, you are limited to what they offer. The native charging ports on my yeti1400 stopped working and stopped indicating charger so I contacted goalzero. To put it short they won't refund me since my unit is only three months old, I explained that it runs my home and it's a vital piece of equipment for my comfort. To put it short they are being less than reasonable about it, did I mention this is my third yeti? Regardless they could give a f about vanlife and our issues. So to begin my new system I have a victron 100/30 I'd like to use. Id appreciate your designs/suggestions. Let's watch my new set up come to life.
Thanks✌
If you want to go a la carte you could try one of wills package systems.

Do you know how much energy you will be using every 24 hours.

Whats your budget.

What are your physical size constraints.

For the price of a goal zero you can build a very nice DIY system. But knowing your needs is always the first best thing to figure out.

I already have the 1400 set up, I use 50% of its power per charge. I'm looking to build a system that will exceed this one. I'm currently looking at the 2000wat 24v offered design on this site. I'm researching what type of lithium battery is in the yeti1400 and where I can buy a similar one so I can use it in the 24v system. gonna get all of these components (https://www.mobile-solarpower.com/2000-watt-24v-solar-system.html) and see what I can do. if the battery in the yeti works and I can get another one then good. if not ill be purchasing two 100ah lithium lifepo4 batteries.

I can't find any information on what type of lithium battery is is the yeti1400, can anyone help before I check?

According to here, they are used a lot in EV's (e.g. Nissan Leaf). Maybe get a second hand module, they are usually pretty cheap.

I have a
Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) — NMC
I like this set upcsdcddd_orig.jpg
I have a Viltron 100/30 already can I use it to replace the one shown in the picture? also can I use these batteries 71d5Xnpk-TL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
instead of the ones shown above? thanks for your help.

alright! I'm machinist/welder, I want to build a heavy duty aluminum diamond plate box with some fans n stuff to keep everything cool. what material other than wood or metal should I use to mount the components in? plastic? I have a feeling that it could melt if it gets hot... or maybe hi temp teflon washers to insulate everything if I use metal through?

I like Hdpe plastic and yes it could melt I imagine you could insulate some way with an elastomer bumper or something heat resistant.
ok, ill look inside a computer tower and see how they do it... seems like a good reference to go off of. I was thinking gray pvc plate but it gets soft when hot... is there something small I could fit in there so the fans kick in at a pre set temperature?

ok, ill look inside a computer tower and see how they do it... seems like a good reference to go off of. I was thinking gray pvc plate but it gets soft when hot... is there something small I could fit in there so the fans kick in at a pre set temperature?
Yes you can find many thermostat switches on amazon/ebay/ali

Back