diy solar

diy solar

Email Notifications Dropped Content?

HRTKD

Boondocker
Staff member
Recently I noticed that the email notifications that I receive no longer have the content of the post. It's now just the title of the thread and a link to open it in the browser. I don't see a way to get that back in my Account Preferences.

My ISP seems to deliver only half the email notifications I expect, but the ISP shouldn't have anything to do with the content within the email.

Recently I noticed that the email notifications that I receive no longer have the content of the post. It's now just the title of the thread and a link to open it in the browser. I don't see a way to get that back in my Account Preferences.

My ISP seems to deliver only half the email notifications I expect, but the ISP shouldn't have anything to do with the content within the email.
I noticed this as well.. I assumed it was a change forcing users to go to the website so it isn't just you.

Yes, someone reported our forum emails as spam so I reduced outgoing mailers to avoid this problem. It was members of this forum who marked the messages as spam, and our servers IP was flagged by internet providers. Really makes me mad that our members would do such a thing.

I also have the email going through SMTP as well now, which should reduce the likelihood of being blacklisted.

The email notifications are the best part of this forum.. all the other sites who don't do this just leaves everyone hanging because people don't realize they have to visit the site so most answers/questions never get finished.. at least we still get email notifications that a thread was updated here (y)

Yes, someone reported our forum emails as spam so I reduced outgoing mailers to avoid this problem. It was members of this forum who marked the messages as spam, and our servers IP was flagged by internet providers. Really makes me mad that our members would do such a thing.

Thanks for the confirmation. I understand.

Happens to other forums as well, trust me ?

Back