diy solar

diy solar

energy efficient AC, powered by solar panels

cara2000

What's the most efficient (less power consumption) AC I can use in a shed? I am concern about starting power I need. Anyone here used few solar panels to power an AC?
Is there an AC that can works directly with DC from panels?

Thanks!

I know they make DC air conditioners for boats, but don't really know anything about them. Considering the in-rush current needed to get them started you'd either want one with a variable speed motor (e.g., a minisplit), have a battery, or most likely both.

It only works when the sun shines. I run a clothes washer from four grid tie panels with no battery with just an old MSW inverter. That needs some technical background.

hi,

this AC powered one has worked off of a goal zero yeti 3000 inverter for me in the past. with a victron solar charge controller hacked onto the goal zero, i could connect 600W of solar to it and easily run the AC while the sun shined, and for a few hours after. it makes a really nice cool breeze.

when using it outdoors it made such a nice cooling breeze. only complaint is that the sound of the outdoor fan has kind of a high pitched PWM nature to it, but that does not reach indoors when sealed off.

Midea U Inverter Window Air Conditioner 8,000BTU, U-Shaped AC​

1642432302462.png

Back