diy solar

diy solar

Energy monitoring

Azeem

Hi, I am a new member and this is my first post on the subject so bear with me.
I have installed a grid tied 10.8kw PV system at home with Solis 4G15kw inverter. It runs on a 3phase electricity system and a meter is installed outside my residence.
I want to know how much power is consumed internally from solar and grid so i would very much like to install a basic energy meter in my service panel. I was looking at a few options and saw the attached meters.
I would appreciate if knowledgable members of the forum can guide me which one of these meters would do the job as my inverter has option to configure power consumption and has 'meter' port at the bottom.
Many Thanks

Attachments

• EIMeter Type M _ Manualzz.pdf
    348.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IC-970-Installation-Manual.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
It's really easy to spend a lot of money on an energy meter that doesn't do what it says it will. Trust me. I've got a boxes full of them that just need tossed. I cannot speak to the units you mentioned.

However I've installed a few Emporia's in the last year and can say that not only are they cheapest energy meter they are the best. Both installation are measuring the solar production and the homes energy usage.

Check them out here. Emporia Gen 2 Vue

Many Thanks for your response and thoughts. I had looked at Emporia but it is not available locally to me, i had to source it from abroad. Having already spend $$ on solar set up I have realized now that installing solar is one thing and energy monitoring is different.

Many Thanks for your response and thoughts. I had looked at Emporia but it is not available locally to me, i had to source it from abroad. Having already spend $$ on solar set up I have realized now that installing solar is one thing and energy monitoring is different.
Not being able to get the product does complicate the issue. Just curious, are you saying you can't get them or that shipping costs are prohibitive?

I'm looking at 3 phase application right now using their flexible ct's (rogowski coils). That particular set up is not available on Amazon so I'm going to have to buy it directly from them.

May I ask where you live?

I am based in Islamabad, Pakistan and shipping cost to 'our world' makes most products uneconomical or very expensive.
I pulled the trigger and bought EImeter from UK. A friend will carry this for me from UK and I was wondering if it would serve the purpose which is quite simple i.e. to know my energy load in my service panel.

Attachments

• EIMeter Type M _ Manualzz.pdf
    348.1 KB · Views: 2
I have prepared this simple sheet to track my solar generation and consumption. I do not have energy or smart meter installed so I can't get the consumption data from inverter. I am relying on utility meter installed outside my home. I have to go out to get the export units from meter and fill in my spreadsheet to monitor my consumption. That is why I was looking to get a smart meter installed and loop in to inverter to get the consumption data from inverter.

Attachments

• solar gen and consumption.pdf
    108.6 KB · Views: 4
Back