diy solar

diy solar

Engineer775 enphase and extra conduit for sol ark AC coupling

BlueMarblePA

Solar Enthusiast
In this video @Engineer775 installs enphase with micro inverters to the home from a ground mount. He says he prefers to use the sol ark 12k for future battery backup. Hence he installs an extra conduit from the ground mount to the home.

My question is why does he need the conduit? For ac coupling using the enphase and the sol ark, couldn't all of that be done at the house? Basically, if AC goes to the combiner box with the envoy at the house, doesn't ac then have to be switched from there to sol ark?

I watched the video. If he does do a SolArk he plans on half of the ground mount array changing to DC coupled. The extra one inch conduit would handle the high voltage DC strings.

In this video @Engineer775 installs enphase with micro inverters to the home from a ground mount. He says he prefers to use the sol ark 12k for future battery backup. Hence he installs an extra conduit from the ground mount to the home.

My question is why does he need the conduit? For ac coupling using the enphase and the sol ark, couldn't all of that be done at the house? Basically, if AC goes to the combiner box with the envoy at the house, doesn't ac then have to be switched from there to sol ark?

First 1:36 of the video, he states the customer mentioned batteries and he will run extra conduit for running DC for charging batteries if the customer decided to install a battery bank. More efficient charging batteries with DC from an array, than converting DC to AC with the Enphase, then converting back to DC to charge the batteries. Wasted energy can't be recovered, efficiency is the goal.

Back